I did it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did it.

I feel it.........I know it.........I did it.

Am a non-smoker as of.........all of 12 minutes ago. Honestly........don`t laugh........it`s true.

I said I`d be a non-smoker for LAST Christmas, so it sure has been a long time coming, but this time I know it`s for real.

Deliberately planned to quit dead on midnight, so........I did. Smoked 2 in a row just prior.........GAG!!!! :H Was deliberatley gag-inducing so as to make my last memory of smoking a horrid one........it worked........horrid memory of equally horrid habit.

Did the mirror work.........right on midnight, I looked at my reflection in the mirror and said, "I can do it", then I thought, hmmmm.......something not quite right there, so.......looked in mirror again and said........"I am doing it"........looked in mirror yet again and said........"I am a strong woman. I am a non-smoker".

I`ve just suddenly got it.......don`t ask me how.........it`s just as I quit the drink.........could never quit, then.........all of a sudden...........I just got it.

Ashtrays and lighters in bin, as are the last of my fags.......shredded and sodden with wet tea-bags and typical kitchen bin goo :H
    I`ve got it........I am a non-smoker and, this time.........failure is not even a possibility, never mind an option.

Yippeeeeeee........no more stinky me!!!!

Star x
    Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

I did it.

Go for it starlight.
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

I did it.

Good for you Star!!
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

I did it.

Yeah Baby!!!!!!

Comment

I did it.

Fantastic Star! Congrats!

Comment

I did it.

You ARE doing it Star
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

I did it.

Fantastic! Just saying to yourself "I am a non-smoker" is SO powerful... helped me tremendously. Same with drinking.

Comment

I did it.

Star, I did the same thing way back when I quit smoking - I smoked an entire pack between 6 and midnight, when normally it would last a day or two. I made myself completely sick. Never touched them again. You've got the mindset to quit which is so powerful, I know you'll succeed! You go! :yougo:
                You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

I did it.

Oh that's fantastic! I have complete confidence you will embrace this new you just as you did with the booze!
                  If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

I did it.

Wonderful!!! How freeing!
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I did it.

I said the same thing when I put down my last cigarette and that was 20 years ago. YOu go girl!
                      AF Since April 20, 2008
                      4 Years!!!
                      :lilheart:

Comment

I did it.

good luck sTAR...

Comment

I did it.

Way to go star! you can do it.x
                          family is everything to me

Comment

I did it.

Right on!
                            "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

I did it.

Star! OMG! That is Amazing ~ Fantastic! What is the significance of the mirror thing. Hadn't heard about that. Maybe it would help my son. Please share.
                              "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Working...
                              X