THE MOUSE TRAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE MOUSE TRAP

A mouse looked through thecrack in the wall tosee the farmer and his wife open a package. What food might this contain? the mouse wondered....He was devastated to discover it was a mousetrap!

Retreating to the farmyard, the mouse proclaimed the warning: There is a mousetrap in the house! There is a mousetrap in the house!

The chicken clucked and scratched, raised her head and said, Mr. Mouse, I can tell this is a grave concern to you, but it is of no consequennce to me. I cannot be bothered by it.

The mouse turned to the pig and told him the same thing. The pig sympathized, but said, I am so very sorry, Mr. Mouse, but there is nothing I can do about it. But I will be thinking of you.

The mouse turned to cow and told her the same thing. The cow said, Wow, Mr. Mouse, I'm sorry for you, but it's no skin off my nose, so the mouse returned to the house, head down, dejected, to face the farmer's mousetrap....alone.

That very night the sound was heard throughout the ... like the sound of a mousetrap catching its prey.

The farmer's wife rushed in to see what was caught. In the darkness, she did not see it was a venomous snake whose tail the trap had caught. The snake bit the farmer's wife. the farmer rushed his wife to the hospital, and she returned home with a fever.

Everyone knows you treat a fever with chicken soup, so the farmer killed the chicken for the soup.

His wife became worse, so friends and neighbors came to sit round the clock. To feed them, the farmer butchered the pig.

The farmer's wife did not get well: She died.

So many people came for her funeral the farmer had the cow slaughtered to feed them all.

The mouse looked upon it all from his crack in the wall with great sadness.

So the next time you hear someone is facing a problem and think it doesn't concern you, REMEMBER-----
    WHEN ONE OF US IS THREATENED, WE ALL ARE AT RISK.

We are all involved in journey called life. We must keep an eye out for one another and make extra effort to encourage one another. Remember....
    EACH OF US IS A VITAL THREAD IN ANOTHER PERSON'S TAPESTRY: OUR LIVES ARE WOVEN TOGETHER FOR A REASON.

One of the best things to hold onto in this world is a FRIEND!!!!!:l
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

THE MOUSE TRAP

I really love your story! Thanks for posting that. It reminds us that we are not alone. I have a family and friends that love me. It is sometimes hard to remember when we are worrying about ourselfs and alcohol. There is a bigger picture.

Comment

THE MOUSE TRAP

Great story!

I heard a person speak last weekend that urged all people to, whenever asked a reasonable request, to simply try saying "yes" for one month. He said you will be amazed at how different you feel by agreeing to help others in need.
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

THE MOUSE TRAP

Ruby,
        Wonderful, thank you.
        Lila

Comment

THE MOUSE TRAP

rubywillow;449914 wrote: EACH OF US IS A VITAL THREAD IN ANOTHER PERSON'S TAPESTRY: OUR LIVES ARE WOVEN TOGETHER FOR A REASON.
          Simply beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
          You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

THE MOUSE TRAP

Great story Rubes. Your costing me alot of paper and printer ink!
            Jane...I love your avatar!
            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

THE MOUSE TRAP

I'm reading a book now called 'Mother-Daughter Wisdom' by Christiane Northrup, M.D. I saw her lecture on PBS and was so moved I tracked down and bought sveral of her books and CD's. I'm sending one to my daughter, who is a midwife, and with whom I have a beautiful, prickly, loving, watchful relationship. It's not JUST like this story, but any woman who had a mother (duh) or for that matter, any man trying to understand his mother/wife/sister/daughter would do well to read this wonderful book, about our infinite connections. I'm not far in to it, but I'm entranced! We (I believe) are part of who has come before and who will come after. Deep reading. Love the mouse too. Wish his friends had listened!
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
              X