AF Army 24th Otober 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Army 24th Otober 2008

Starting, sounds like you are in a wonderful place this weekend :h Enjoy every minute of it! :wings:
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

AF Army 24th Otober 2008

I remember a couple of years ago staying at a friend's place, drunk, and sleeping on the floor with my old dog. He found the remnants of the barbacue, and i was awoken to the sounds/smell of 'c'mon dad... this is free!..and hello to all and sundry. G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

AF Army 24th Otober 2008

Spring and Fall: To a young child
        by Gerard Manley Hopkins

Margaret, are you grieving
        Over Goldengrove unleaving?
        Leaves, like the things of man, you
        With your fresh thoughts care for, can you?
        Ah! as the heart grows older
        It will come to such sights colder
        By and by, nor spare a sigh
        Though worlds of wanwood leafmeal lie;
        And yet you will weep and know why.
        Now no matter, child, the name:
        Sorrow's springs are the same.
        Nor mouth had, no nor mind, expressed
        What heart heard of, ghost guessed:
        It is the blight man was born for,
        It is Margaret you mourn for.
        Very melancholy, but beautiful. I have this one memorized... probably reflects a sad childhood of my own! Oh well... still beautiful.

Comment

AF Army 24th Otober 2008

Hi all
          Hang on, one of my friends just called. Poor guy, he is very ill and heading back to the hospital. He has been AF for like 16 years or more, but is having horrible lung problems
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

AF Army 24th Otober 2008

You are all moving me with these....

G you still got a dog?
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

AF Army 24th Otober 2008

Willie Yeats..?. you're talking my language...

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

AF Army 24th Otober 2008

Oney, this is marvelous:
                God’s bright and intricate device

Of days and seasons doth suffice.

Comment

AF Army 24th Otober 2008

I am back. He will call me from the Hospital. Is this poetry corner now? lol
                  I will probably just go to an AA meeting tonight and then come home, maybe watch a movie. Emylee is dressed up as "The Joker" from "The Dark Knight" for a concert tonight. She was a Hippie last night when she went to "Nightmare New England". What a life she leads.

Comment

AF Army 24th Otober 2008

Starter's, no, had to put the old boy down at age 15...about a year ago. devastating at the time, also the couple of years b4 knowing/dreading that day would come. big dog, good inning's etc... and a great pooch/mate. So he's in heaven now.. G

Comment

AF Army 24th Otober 2008

LookingToGrow;451492 wrote: We have a family web site at myfamily.com It's how we keep in touch with everyone coast to coast for us. I can email you a link to my site if you like.
                      yes please , thanks . Sounds great.:l

Comment

AF Army 24th Otober 2008

Now my Sis is on the phone. She is sick too WTF?

Comment

AF Army 24th Otober 2008

A Work in Progress;451493 wrote: That's true, she did and she does. It's all very painful, but there's no changing it. I go see her once a week, and take her a present, and sit through the complaining. I found her a fantastic place where she is VERY well cared for, and I also hired a nurse-assistant to take her out on an outing once a week, apart from the care home where she's at. So I've done my best and I have to be OK with anything that happens, now.

And I can't WAIT till you come to book club!! Yeats, eh? I need to read up on some of his work... tell me what else you recommend!

Hi Sea.... what did you decide about this evening?
                          it sounds to me you are been very responsible and caring about her care and wellbeing, you are the best kind of daughter , of course i dont fully understand what you are going thro, but a blind man could see how much you care for her . My mums nearly 80 but very lucid , im very lucky .

Comment

AF Army 24th Otober 2008

You are lucky slimey, sick parents is a nightmare
                            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

AF Army 24th Otober 2008

Sea, sorry to hear about your friend :wings:
                              Emylee's life is damn hard...LOL!!
                              :l
                              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

AF Army 24th Otober 2008

A Work in Progress;451497 wrote: limers that is wonderful, I don't remember reading it before. Do you like Gerard Manley Hopkins? This one reminds me of one of his poems, Spring and Fall, to a Young Child...
                                thanks wip , his name rings a bell , im sure i do . I also love the lady of challotte , lord tennyson i think? When we were young wed no tv and my dad and elder bros and sisters used to read us poetry and tell stories , it was all quite lovely really.

Comment

Working...
                                X