This place is a good place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, I went into 'chat' yesterday and some people really helped me.(you know who you are). I didnt drink yesterday and I am trying very hard to be proud of myself for that small achievement. Its not easy, it is bloody hard but I didnt have a drink yesterday and I think that is due to the help I received in 'chat'......Thankyou. I am struggling to admit I am an alcoholic....It doesnt sit well with me at all!!!! And you know what?...I have been on this site since feb 07....When will it sink in?? lol All I think about is getting wasted....mad! Anyway, one small step at a time....might just work.

Needed to write this.....thankyou.

Bella XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I am so proud of you!!
    "Alcoholic" has got such stigma attached to it and I think it's one of the reasons I hate the word.
    Hang in there, you are getting there one day at a time.
    Love Dee
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Bella,

I have known you a long time. You found out you were pregnant and the subsequent months staying AF. Then trying to mod after the baby was born and failing here and there.

You are a good mommy and a good person.

Whilst I do not mind the term alcoholic for myself, if it bothers you, don't use it. Just don't!!

Like me, you simply have a difficult time not drinking. It is difficult enough that it takes work, determination, help and friends.

I am so proud of you for jumping into chat last night and staying away from the wine. We all know it is not easy, especially at first.

Glad you had some company last night to help.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Good for you in resisting the "charms" of the old wine bottle, Bella. Glad you found company in chat to help you over the hump. Chat can also be a great tool in our bid for sobriety........I think it keeps me sane, although.......that`s debateable!!! :H

Star x
        Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Bella

Beautiful, as your name says. You are on your perfect path, finding your own way to success! Congratulations! :h
          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

That's great, Bella! I know chat has saved me on a few occasions. I'm so happy to be part of this community and know there is always someone here who will pull me up.
            Have a wonderful, clear-headed day!:l
            You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Yeah if it wasn't for 'one' talking to me Wednesday night over not just the access issue but other personal stuff she is close to then I don't think my head would of been in such a calm collected place the following day. Chat/pm's/e-mails etc They make it that much more personal here for me and, like you, without them ALL I would of felt so alone in my thoughts.

Hope you're well today Bella!

Love and Happiness
              Hippie
              xx
              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

cant argue with any of that, hey doesnt bella mean beautiful in french or italian? take care
                "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

Bella, great job on day 1! :h I hope you found the supps you were looking for. I'll be looking for you in chat :wings:
                  :l
                  LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Well done Bella
                    Chat has saved my butt more than once. Another great tool in this wonderful program.
                    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Bella, you should be proud! I know it gets over stated but it truly is one day at a time! Great job!

"I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Bella,

Chat's helped me a few times. I remember one night locking myself in my office away from my drunk husband. If it weren't for the chat I don't know what I would have done. I ended up laughing my head off and had a great night!

I'l glad you feel better and couldn't agree with you more about this place.

Bella aka beautiful :flower:
                        "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Working...
                        X