Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Army 26th October 2008

Morning everybody,

Raining today so probably have a scout round the shops and maybe lunch out somewhere. Still nicely chilling and feeling MUCH better after my bug.

Was hoping to see KP here again today. KP hope you are OK buddy if you are reading.

Last night was a first for me, I was able to give the inlaws a lift to their night out and offer to pick them up. It felt SO good to be able to say I could do that instead of wondering how I could get out of doing it just because I wanted to drink.
    These are the small things that keep me going and mean so much to this new life.

Have a lovely Sunday all.

Love Startingover xxx
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Hey SO, you fellow crazed soldier. I've been up a bit, couldn't sleep, thought I'd post a bit, know I'm going to catch another wink or two. Catch you in a bit! Rubes
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

So, I guess Wob has wecover enough to go out to eat? LOL
      sigpic
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Have to go and wash my gruig! I'm not even gonna ask one!!

Morning All.

Loved reading your story this morning Rubes. Always brings us that much closer together I feel when we take the time to share our lives and what brought us here in the first place.

Sun is actually shining here today so may borrow my brother's bike later and go for a ride if it stays that way. Still plowing through old files on my Ma's computer trying to find old diaries I kept when Sal and I first split up. She literally was forcing jasmine on me at that point and wanted to join the Army. "Why is it woman always get left holding the baby when things go wrong!" was her attitude back then. Finished off my recent "Incident Report!" yesterday and have that printed out ready for the solicitors tomorrow so all's it needs now is for me to get a bloody shave and smarten me-self up for tomorrow!! Big toes are still causing me no end of grief and I've got toe-nail surgery coming up on the 11th November. I may be even more a freak if they have to take the whole nail off as they then put a chemical compound on the toe so the nail will never grow back. An old girlfriend used to say I had Devils hooves not feet and I think she's right. I've always hated my feet and think they're the most ugliest part of me. At least I'm not a hobbit I suppose!!

Starting good to hear your on the mend and recuperating well. Must be great to have that feeling too that people can depend upon you without worrying about asking you because you may or may not of had a drink.

One had a great time last night with the new music/artist. Spoke to AJ last night and she is sending me a tape of an program about Nick Drake's life narrated by Brad Pitt (not the best chap for the job but still...we'll see). Believe he was very friendly with John Martyn.

Here's a tune for you and Wob this morning.

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qMkGWW4Pl_s&feature=related]YouTube - Robbie Rotten , LazyTown[/ame]

Love and Happiness All
        Hippie
        xx
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Thanks, Hipps. Luck to ya. Like I said, my son's got a problem with his :biatch: soon-to-be ex-wife, but he's got all the proof he needs, plus she hit him in the mouth the other night, and his lawyer has taken an order of protection against her, giving him the children. Good on ya for the tune! LMAO
          sigpic

Comment

Off for a nap now. Only 3 hours sleep! YAAAWWWN!!
            sigpic

Comment

I thought the song quite appropriate one; you just having a fairly new canine addition to the family n all!!

I think to be honest one the melancholy I was feeling this past month has finally lifted. God knows what I would of been like listening to some of those tunes last night if it hadn't!!!. So yeah I do feel a hell of a lot better for it like the grey cloud around my head has finally gone. I know that's what's been making me feel so bad and emotional about things recently.

Anyway I'm off to make some scrambled eggs from duck eggs no less!! Having a late Sunday roast as my brother is here for the week with his 2 boys Ben and Dom (12) (10). Haven't had a decent roast tattie or brussel sprout in ages!! Are you out anywhere special for something to eat one or just down the greasy caff!!!lol

Love Hips
              xx
              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Cheers rubes enjoy your nap and I'll catch up with ya later hun.

Love Hips
                xx

Comment

I've been going to a great carvery out in South Wirral recently with a friend and the dinners are amazing and only ?3.95 a head. Not sure what that is in Euros mind you.

LMAO off at that picture too. I'll be in bloody agony for days. Aj was off out riding today but the weather in Scotland is bloody atrocious I believe and chucking it down!!

Right I'm off to cook eggs so will catch you later on one. Have a lovely day out with the family hun

Love Hips
                  xx

Comment

Hey Hippety, great to see you back and in such good form. Always brings a smile to me gob that!

Oney, I am going out to lunch too! To a pub but feel better about that these days. Great to hear the al thoughts are dyeing now for you! They are for me too. thank God!
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

im off to high shool musical 3 now ....taa raa!

Comment

WOW....Quite around here this morning.All this talk of food has me hungry.Wish I had some Duck eggs.Our ducks would lay them all over our farm, instead of in a nest.When my kids were little they had an Easter Egg hunt looking for them every morning.
                        My Brother is in a bad way again.The Chemo is very hard for him.He Emailed me in the middle of the night, asking for prayers for him...It makes me feel so helpless.I gonna call him now...Love you ALL
                        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Boo!
                          Sorry I was away yesterday. Still sick (:
                          :l
                          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Good Morning Everyone,
                            I am back from my conference. I missed everyone SOOO much, but I was out it nature and able to reflect a bit. Being in this beautiful setting and so high in the mountains made me feel close to God....it was so good for the soul.

I feel like I have been so out of touch with my friends!! What has been going on? I read a little but have much to catch up on. I saw Cy's post and it saddened me so....

I'll be here much of the day to chat with you guys....being away from here felt so sick and wrong!! I am glad to be home with hubby and you all! KirggenBottom

http://www.godurango.com/images/fall...enfall_650.jpg
                            "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

These pic are the place I stayed the last few days...
                              "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                              X