Animal Shelter Where I Volunteer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the volunteers at the shelter where I work put together this video of the shelter animals. It is personally very touching for me because I know all the dogs and most of the cats.

[ame= ]YouTube - Salem County Humane Society[/ame]

Aah, Cuckoo- that's lovely.

The animals all look happy and well cared for too.

Comment

awww... so cute. I want to live where I have a bigger yard. I want to rescue more doggies!

Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Thanks for sharing! Our city is building a no kill shelter and dog park to open next year. I will apply to volunteer. I would take in more pets but we are already at the city limit for four paws...LOL!! GD is a "foster parent" for dogs (she's only just about 4...LOL!!). Thanks again :h
        :l
        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Thank you, that was lovely. I hope it is a no-kill shelter. Our local one is, and so I feel safe taking the kids there (which they love)... no we can't take them home, but somebody else will someday.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Very nice video. Thanks.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Thanks for volunteering!

Comment

Thanks for serving these precious little animals, Cucks!!! They truly need selfless people like you!
                "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

What a wonderful (and sad) video. I love animals so much and wish I could save each and every one of them.

Thank you for volunteering. We need more people like yourself in this world.

Comment

Thank you all for your kind posts. The shelter is a no-kill shelter. At least 3 of our dogs have been at the shelter for 10 years. The volunteers, like each of you, love the animals and would take them all home if they could. As for me, the satisfaction and pleasure I get from working with the animals far outweighs the time I put in volunteering. The unconditional love from animals is quite impressive.

Comment

That's great Cuck.....my daughter is a senior in high school and has been working with disabled kids through the Theruptic Riding Program. She has been messing with horses since she was 12. That's why she wants to be a Vet. & she has applied to the University of Maryland Pre Vet. Program. ( She of course wants to work with horses, but she loves all animals.....crap, I've got a bird,4 fish a dog, and if she was'nt allergic to cats I'm sure I'ld have one of them too ! Ha!) Keep up the good work Cuck, IAD.
                      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

IAD, thank you, and all the best to your daughter. The world needs more like her.

Comment

Cuckoo

You are not Cuckoo at all - at least not in the crazy sense. What a beautiful video. What beautiful faces. I thank you so much for your work. I'm sorry I did not see this before. I guess I'm a little slow.

I work with shelters quite a lot also. The Veterinary Technology program which I help run for catches feral cats about twice a month now and we bring them in for spay/neuter and vaccinations. All the work is donated free of charge. We have veterinarians donate time for the surgery, we have the ASPCA donate their operating rooms on weekends since we don't have our own yet, and we have gotten drug companies to donate vaccination serum. Our Vet Tech students serve as assistants and it is good experience for them and we get much needed help from them. They all love doing this. We also deworm, etc. This program has been a long time in the making, but has been successful in the last few years. We do about 5-10 cats a month which is an awful lot of kittens. When we get to build our own operating room, which I am fund raising for now, we will hopefully include dogs as well. But you know the biggest problem is feline.

I could go on and on about shelters and how important they are. Animals give nothing but love and so often we (humans) give them so much less. Both of my sons are in their twenties and both donate time to shelters. I never told them to do that. I think they just both want companionship and remember where all their pets who they love came from.

It's just a good feeling and something that everybody should become involved with. My gosh, how I thank you for all you efforts. I thank you so much for posting this video.
                          Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Working...
                          X