Sabotaging Self

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sabotaging Self

Rennie, you are so correct. I never felt better as the days grew to 21 and of course the confidence of having it under control grew - right. So I start day 5 full of confidence that I can do this and I will...
    Glad to hear your day at work went well, keep up the good work, we are all here to help each other.
    AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
    As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Sabotaging Self

Reenie, good to see you back. I hope you stick around, this site has grown a lot, so you'll have lots of new friends.

Beatle - I love that "wave" tip, thanks.
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Sabotaging Self

Hi Skendall, it's nice to be back and have noticed some welcome changes to the site! It's always nice meeting new people and re-connecting with those I haven't talked with in a while. Hope all is well with you!
        September 23, 2011

Comment

Sabotaging Self

Hi Reenie,

Good to see you! All the best with the new job!

xo

Comment

Sabotaging Self

Hi, Reenie. Haven't 'met' you, but SO identify with your story.For some reason, I drink just before big family event! Like no one will know!! The worst is with my daughter, who has told me she may sever our relationship if I don't stop, but even when I know she's coming, I drink like I just walked the Sahara! It's def something emotional and psychological, and habitual. Recognizing that, taking action, and the correct action, is next. I did the same thing with my Sponsor! We have to start with the basic; WE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ALCOHOL!, and go from there. You have a lot of pressures, I can identify. I just posted in 'Tell Us Your Story', and it's REALLY gotten crazy since then (about 36 hours ago!!). The point is, we all have similarities, but we each have to find our path out of the wilderness. Thankfully, there are friendly voices here to help us. You've proven you can do it. I'm in awe of your strength and look forward to learning from your experiences. Welcome back.
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Sabotaging Self

Reenie,

I can really relate to your thread and I will be thinking positive thoughts for you. I also drink while anxious, stupid, stupid, stupid....I KNOW! You are gaining strength and confidence and you know to come here and lean on us : )

I'll be thinking of ya!

Myheart
              Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
              - George Jackson

Comment

Sabotaging Self

I'm still drinking - new to the group, but no excuse since I've been drinking for years. I congratulate you for taking on a new job. Mine is very stressful and I should make a change, but it's too hard right now. So, I really admire you for all you are doing and for sharing your story. I work in a high level, responsible job and no one knows I am struggling like I am with addiction (or at least I think that is the case). Anyway, keep striving day by day to do what you do and you will get beyond your fear and do a good job. Just do your best and keep trying. We all do what we have to in survival mode. I wish for you the best.

Comment

Working...
                X