Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys..

Well done Macks.

Isn't this thing so awful that we are scared that we are not going to be pouring poison down our necks everyday??!!

I will just be a few days behind you- I have set my date to Nov. 3rd.

Wishing you all the very best in the world- I am so glad you have your wife with you every step on your journey.

Just remember one day at a time.

It does get easier, I did it before and we are more powerful than AL.

Take care x

Comment

Hey guys..

:goodjob::goodjob:Macks & Lisa:goodjob::goodjob:

Love you both!!
      Nancy
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Hey guys..

Mr & Mrs Macks, you're an inspiration! Add my name to your long list of supporters & well-wishers. With you all the way!
        Gold xxx
        :sun:

Comment

Hey guys..

I am absolutly overwhelmed by the amount of support here...I know thats what this community is all about but it still knocks me sideways..

Well got through my first day yesterday..In all honstly 100grms of Librium will do that to you..Felt like a zombie all day...That will be tapered down from day 3...But it still feels amazing to have that first day 1..under my belt..

Waking up this morning and not wanting to throw up is a breath of fresh air...Its tough on the kids though...They broke up for the school holidays yesterday and being on the tablets im not allowed to drive so cant take them anywhere...And its my sons birthday today and hes dying to get out and spend his birthday money...I had to lie and say the car is broken at the moment..

Lisa told me this morning that when i was asleep on the couch yesterday that Dylan saw me shaking in my sleep...Lisa said i was shaking pretty violently and Dylan said aww Dad must me freezing...So he went and got his quilt off his bed and covered me up...That just makes me want to make this work even more..
          I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
          One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Hey guys..

Macks,

Lisa told me this morning that when i was asleep on the couch yesterday that Dylan saw me shaking in my sleep...Lisa said i was shaking pretty violently and Dylan said aww Dad must me freezing...So he went and got his quilt off his bed and covered me up...That just makes me want to make this work even more..
            That put a tear to my eye. With all that love around you, you are going to win. You are so blessed. :l:l

Each day as you go down on the Librium, you will feel better and better. I, too, hated the drugs they used to withdraw me. Funny how we would chase the alcohol buzz but hate the pill buzz.

By now you are halfway through day 2. These days will go by and by day 10, you will feel better than you have felt in years and years.

Stay strong, my friend. You are on your way.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hey guys..

Great to hear from you Macks, thanks for the update. Keep safe & strong
              :sun:

Comment

Hey guys..

Like Cinders, your son bringing a blanket brought a tear to my eye. So sweet and touching. Your a very blessed man to have such a loving family.

Hang in there!

Mich
                :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
                AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

Hey guys..

Oh.........how sweet!

Wrap up in that blankie and remember how much you are loved.

:lNancy
                  "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Hey guys..

Macks you are a lucky lucky man. I wish you and your family every happiness.
                    Well done on your time so far. You are doing great.
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hey guys..

Macks ..you are doing it man , well bloody done.

Comment

Hey guys..

thinkin of you macks and lisa
                        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Working...
                        X