Need support advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like your on your way to a new and better future Good- We are here for you- Your first few days- keep close to MWO for strength- as I did . during this time your body will cleanse itself- BUT REMEMBER the beast will be right behind you - waiting for you to let your guard down, be strong. Keep strong You can Do IT
    DLW
    DLW
    Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
    And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
      Today is a Mystery
      Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Hey GoodAs..

As been said...Maybe it was a good thing...Your launchpad..I can only speak for me but partners i think appreciate the honesty..They need to be in the loop and know where they stand..And what the future holds..It gives the partner a sense of direction aswell as yourself..
      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Congrats on your honesty here and for turning to MWO.

AAthlete;453410 wrote: GG, just be honest with him and let him know that your realize it is a problem and that you are working a program to address it.
        I agree with AA. I think by being honest about what happened and being AF and especially good to your body for at least the next few days will do wonders for your mind and your body. Just one day at a time. It's all I can handle, anyway, and it helps. It works when I stick to it. The designated driver idea is a good one. It's incredibly empowering!

Take care :l
        Be
        "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

You'll be so much happier and healthier without alcohol in your life.Very GOOD choice....the time is NOW...
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Thank you thank you thank you, was just fighting the urge just now and decided to read this web site and the urge has subsided. Thanks and good luck GG, this place works.
            AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
            As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

So, I'm going shopping now to get supplies, food, juice, cigs, milk, cat food (need to keep her on my side! She's a huge help when the going gets tough). Will be the first time in almost a year I walk right past the wine stand. It's cold today so I'll wrap myself up in your warm words.

Planning on lying low for a few days. Keep it simple, stay warm. Got sups, CDs & you guys. And an open mind

Gold
              :sun:

Comment

GG, sounds like you have a good plan!
                Stay focused and positive... you are doing so well!
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Come back Strong GG! I'm praying for you
                  DLW
                  DLW
                  Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
                  And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
                    Today is a Mystery
                    Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

thanks dlw & all

dont know about strong but i'm sober today. Lurking a while till my brain remembers i need it to get my fingers to string a few words together!

Comment

That's good, GG, keep reading, do some writing and posting here when you feel ready, and follow your plan. If you feel shaky, come here and ask for help right away, OK?

Comment

GG, don't be the the one falling in front of your grandchildren, or your friends grandchildren, when you realize what is happening to you. I have the love and comfort of my family, but also the guilt and pain of what I have caused them. You're cat may miss a few days of food, or attention, but will still give you unconditional love. People are much more complex, and, if you read my posts, you will find that my life is very complicated now. It does not get easy. NOW is the time for you to get hold of this BIG thing in your life, and go on, be productive, be you, be your great self. That's all we're promised is ourself, but we have to be sober to be that. I've thought many times over the last few months of what I would do if I would do if I could go back years in my life, and the one things is to eliminate alcohol in any form. Best of luck, best wishes, and keep in touch, luv. You have the chance to change your future.
                        sigpic
                        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Thanks so much, you're helping more than I can say. Have started a new (sober!) thread
                          Gold xxx

Comment

Working...
                          X