Stress Well-being

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stress Well-being

"One of the biggest predictors of longevity is psychological resiliency ? being able to roll with the punches life throws at you. In fact, your attitude, social network, community and spiritual beliefs are more important than cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure and any other risk factor in determining whether you will live a long and healthy life." Mark Hyman, MD

Read an interesting article last night that talked about stress and how detrimental it is to our health. The author point out that being able to "roll with the punches," or practice acceptance in our lives, is a key component to enjoying both quality and quantity of life. Conversely, bottling up that stress can lead to a whole host of health issues (alcoholism aside), which was my story in a nutshell.

If you'd like to read the whole article here is it:

Experience Life Magazine: Functional Wellness, Part 5: The Body-Mind Connection
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Stress Well-being

Stress plays such a detrimental roll in our health. Rolling with the punches sounds like a good approach to me.
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Stress Well-being

Thanks AAthlete, very interesting stuff. Will read it through more thoroughly later
      :sun:

Comment

Stress Well-being

Thank you AA
        Very good stuff. "Life on life's terms" right.
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Stress Well-being

thank you for sharing that very true
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Stress Well-being

AAthlete,

I so agree. My daughter is pregnant and she is married to a carrier of stress.

He is basically a nice man but he is very jealous, clinging, and demanding. I keep telling her they need counseling. Like I said, he is basically nice. I keep telling myself that over and over again.

She went through such a stressful weekend that I could tell on her face she was sick from it. It was a stupid incident where an old beau she hadn't seen since way before she met her hubby showed up at her front door.

Her hubby ended up storming around, breaking glasses, throwing things, he broke her cell phone, etc.

He did not hit her or threaten her. He did that once and my son paid a visit to the house. Hasn't happened since.

However, my husband told her to tell him that she is pregnant and does not need that kind of thing going on in her life right now. The stress hormones are not good for my daughter and definitely not good for the baby.

I believe that with all my heart. I am learning to let stress just "go." Sometimes it is hard but you can alleviate it through different means. Exercise, quiet time, etc.

It is difficult when you are around someone who causes it though.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
            X