AF Army 29th October 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one2many;454891 wrote: You are an evil little limeface lol.....dont forget to save as you go along, I would hate for there to be a power cut when you are almost finished.......har de har har....
    I handwrite my assignments actually Oney dearest and get my teenage son to word process then for me so you are going to have to think of some other terrible missfortune to wish upon me dearest as that one simply will have no effect.

Comment

Glad to see all is well in the army today soldiers )
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Good morning everyone, glad to see some new(er) faces! My wake-up crew got me up at the usual 5:30, still dark here and pretty cold. I have my gloves out, my winter hats, a little heater in the bathroom so I can take a bath without getting pneumonia.... ahh, winter...

Last night I saw that there was a phone message from an old friend of my parents', he was in the Air Force with my father... he rambled on a bit about wanting to catch up with old friends, but he talked so slow that the message thing cut him off. He didn't get to the point of leaving his number, and I don't have caller ID on the land-line... so I am feeling so sad about not being able to find him to thank him for the call, tell him about Mother, etc. It left me feeling very melancholy. Voice from the past, and all, one of the very last voices from when my parents were young. Don't know where he lives. I am hoping my mother's old address books might have his number, will go over there today and dig around.

Anyhow, fair warning to all: Christmas "season" (which lasts for MONTHS!!!) is fast approaching, and I have always had a great sadness around that time of year. When I was little, I was an only child, and all the adults drank even more than usual, and they regarded me as part of their entertainment (wanting me to write "letters to Santa" that they could laugh over, expecting me to display all sorts of giddy excitement, etc.), and I just never learned to get into any sort of "joy" or happiness during that part of the year. The music in the stores practically makes me ill!

There should be a Christmas-free zone somewhere in the world where people like me are sent for 2-3 months every year... preferably somewhere warm, with a nice beach! And no alcohol!

OK, so, will go to visit Mother, after trying to find the old friend's contact info, then to my office to see some people... Hope the day goes well for everyone!

wip

Comment

Oh Wipster, I know what you mean about Christmas. It isnt my favourite time of year either. Tell you what, I will come over to you and we can sit and be unsociable together yes?

Comment

I have very bad Christmas memories too WIP. Dad always drank too much and ruined everything. I really do not like this time of year.
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

....and Sea can come too!
              Get plenty of grub in girl

Comment

Thanks SO
                One more cup of coffee and I have to get my butt moving. I have no idea who I am going to get to fix my car. I do not trust mechanics.

Comment

Yes, absolutely, OneTwo, if I had little kids, I'm sure it would be very different!

OK, so far we have S.O. and Sea (and me) in the grumpy-at-Christmas club. That's a good start. Maybe we will start a whole separate thread, later on, once the decorations start going up and the music starts in the stores, and the awful advertising!!!

I wouldn't want my own anti-Christmas feelings to put a damper on anyone's good time, here... most people (I think) do enjoy the season... and you should!

Comment

Oh Crap
                    Work just left me a message asking me to come in early. I really need to take care of my car, and I am not working all night without a nap. What to do, what to do?

Comment

Sounds lovely Gia... except you'd have to take me out back and shoot me, due to excessive gloominess... or at least put me in the turkey pen...

Oney, of course Wob can join! But no drinking! And no waving of his bodily parts!

Comment

yes , I love christmas so I cant belong to that particular club ....Ive always loved christmas, my birthday is 4 days before and that always kick started the season for me .I think One2 is right , cozy up and get some good books. I love everything about christmas , the old movies , the tree, the build up too, everything . My fav christmas movie is The Bishops Wife.., I also love Its a wonderfull , wonderfull life!
                        This christmas I will be going to The Snowman in the national concert hall on dec 20th with my mum and the kids , its a beautifull place and there will be a real live orchestra playing the music , Im also going to se the Harlem St Gospel Chior in dec , I will deffo go to the christmas panto tho im not sure what it is this year! Its a big family thing for me and the kids and they love it .This year will be better cos I wont be drinking so I will not only be in better form for the kids but I will be able to cherish every memory of all the events as well.
                        And fyi....on my profile I put my birthday as dec 11th for reasons of paranoia....im geting over that now as I realise while you are all indeed NUTS..., its in a nice way. Ahh!

Comment

Oh, oh, I forgot the late , late toy show .....another christmas cracker!

Comment

Shall we call Wob Mr Wobbly for our Bah Humbug club?
                            Or maybe not.....

Comment

whys he been called wob now?

Comment

Yes, I think if I had kids I wouldnt be such a miserable git.
                                Its nice to hear others enjoying it though

Comment

Working...
                                X