AF Army 29th October 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im going to make sure you enjoy it ya miserable english ole boot!

Comment

I know of a great Russian classic shown at Christmas (in Russia of course, I have it on DVD)... here's a synopsis:

This modestly budgeted, made-for-TV romantic comedy became one of the most popular films in the former Soviet Union and a staple of TV broadcasts on New Year's Eve. It's based on the premise that modern apartment complexes look so much alike that one cannot distinguish one city from another. On New Year's Eve, Muscovite Yevgeny Lukashin (Andrei Myagkov) finally dares to make a marriage proposal to Galya (Olga Naumenko). They plan to celebrate the New Year together quietly, but Lukashin's friends convince him that first he should attend their annual meeting at a bathhouse. The meeting quickly turns into an improvisational bachelor party for Yevgeny. Having consumed large amounts of alcohol, they cannot remember which one of them was supposed to fly to Leningrad to meet his wife. So they put the sleepy Lukashin on a plane. Upon his arrival in the Leningrad airport, Yevgeny gives the taxi driver his Moscow street address and the cab takes him to an apartment complex located on a street with the same name. The building looks very much like his own, so Lukashin, still not quite sober, does not realize that he is in another city. He enters someone else's apartment because his key fits the door lock and he quickly falls asleep on a couch. When the apartment's rightful resident, Nadya (Polish actress Barbara Brylska), comes home, she wakes up the intruder and tells him to get out. The bewildered Yevgeny insists that he is at home and she is the one who should get out. Eventually he sobers and finds out about his predicament. He is about to leave when the situation is further complicated by the arrival of Nadya's straight-laced fianc? Ippolit (Yuri Yakovlev) who does not believe in Lukashin's story and accuses Nadya of being unfaithful. The interaction between the three characters results in Nadya and Yevgeny's gradual falling in love with each other.
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

cant wait for the christmas music tread , I love Last Christmas, and Mariah Careys ALL WANT FOR CHRISTMASS IS YOU...............

Comment

Err... he doesn't fall asleep on Nadya's couch, I'm quite certain it's her bed!
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Good morning/afternoon everyone!
            :l
            LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

one2many;454989 wrote: Funny, I actually forgot to tell you all, Wob had not drank in a month..he is back at the gym and on a healthy eating buzz...I dont think it is anything to do with me stopping, the last time he drank he got really drunk and he got up the next morning and said..thats it..never again...and that was it...no talking about it....praising himself,counting days etc....guess he wasnt an alcoholic to start with...oh and he gave up the smokes too....fecker!

His body parts have been pretty much under wraps at the moment...I am thankful.
              Wow!

Comment

I am feeling a very slight glow now.....
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

one2many;454992 wrote: Me Wobby sounds just perfect.

Mr Wobby the Wed Nosed Wanker....:H
                  :H:H:H
                  it is WOBBLY...maybe.
                  Anyway, ya know ya love him really
                  Oney :h Wobbly

Comment

and while im on about it...you dont need kids to enjoy christmas cos you end up spending all that lovely lolly on them when it could be better spent on yourself...see?
                    The only thing you dont want to be at christmas is a jive turkey.....get it, theres a deep ,hidden message in that statement!

Comment

one2many;454998 wrote: me and the Limes will get yis all in the mood....Christmas r us!
                      your on Oney , we will make it our mission.

Comment

limers;455001 wrote: and while im on about it...you dont need kids to enjoy christmas cos you end up spending all that lovely lolly on them when it could be better spent on yourself...see?
                        The only thing you dont want to be at christmas is a jive turkey.....get it, theres a deep ,hidden message in that statement!
                        You are a very wise Slimeball.
                        I am a vegetarian...does that make a difference?

Comment

I love Christmas season :h
                          :l
                          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Wow, OneTwo, I think that's great that Wob isn't drinking! I know that it really got to you sometimes... when he got drunk, for sure. Is it nicer to have no drinking at all going on in the house? I think it would be, for me.

Comment

Oney and Wobbly sitting in a tree
                              K.I.S.S.I.N.G
                              :-)

Comment

one2many;454996 wrote: is there subtitles Vladders???
                                Yep, it's very funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X