For REAL mothers..Mrs Macks included!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all the awesome mothers out there......
    Real Mothers don't eat quiche; they don't have time to make it.
    Real Mothers know that their kitchen utensils are probably in the sandbox.
    Real Mothers often have sticky floors, filthy ovens and happy kids.
    Real Mothers know that dried play dough doesn't come out of carpets.
    Real Mothers don't want to know what the vacuum just sucked up.
    Real Mothers sometimes ask 'Why me?' and get their answer when a little voice says, 'Because I love you best.'
    Real Mothers know that a child's growth is not measured by height or years or grade...It is marked by the progression of Mommy to Mom to Mother...

The Images of Mother

4 YEARS OF AGE - My Mommy can do anything!

8 YEARS OF AGE - My Mom knows a lot! A whole lot!

12 YEARS OF AGE - My Mother doesn't really know quite everything.

14 YEARS OF AGE - Naturally, Mother doesn't know that, either.

16 YEARS OF AGE - Mother? She's hopelessly old-fashioned.

18 YEARS OF AGE - That old woman? She's way out of date!

25 YEARS OF AGE - Well, she might know a little bit about it!

35 YEARS OF AGE - Before we decide, let's get Mom's opinion.

45 YEARS OF AGE - Wonder what Mom would have thought about it?

65 YEARS OF AGE - Wish I could talk it over with Mom.

The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole, but true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows, and the beauty of a woman with passing years only grows!
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Thats lovely Mr. Macks ...hope my kids (and me) are following that route!

Comment

You see you might aswell make the most of this coz when the tablets ware off next week i'll be back to my normal sexist self..LOL
      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

i JUST CAME UPON THIS, IT IS =SUCH AN EXCELLENT ANALOGY OF MOTHERS---I'M A MOTHER OF 3 YOUNG KIDS WHO ARE NOW FEELING THE AFFECTS OF MY ALCOHOLISM; MY MOM IS DYING OF SEVERE DEMENTIA (LEW-BOYD DISEASE). I CRIED WHEN I READ YOUR POST ONLY BECAUSE I BELIEVE IT IS SOOOOOO ACCURATE.

Comment

:l Thank you Macks

It made me smile

Good luck to you
          AK
          :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

lol mackers what do you want hahhaa,im waiting for a lady to get up and say the same of the male,hahaha good one mackers i loved it gyco

Comment

Thanks Macks, Our kids are our world without them life would be shite
              Love you Hun your doing great :l If you need me i'm on the other side of the room
              Elvis is'nt dead, he's in my broom cupboard ....

Comment

When I read the first part of this, I feel like a bad Mother because I am a CLEAN FREAK, but reading the rest, fits me like a T. Thanks for the post.

HSJMommy. So sorry to hear about your Mom. I wish you the best. Life is hard when you have to be the MOMMY instead of just having one.

Mich
                :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
                AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

Macks, I had a 'who can eat the (fresh)baked cookie and drink the milk first last night w/my youngest g'dUGHTERS, while their Dad tried to figure out how he would get them to school & back, since the court told Mom to pack her clothes and leave. Pray for my girls, please. They have me, as I am, and an 84-yr-old ggmother.
                  sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Ruby, I don't quite understand your post...

Macks and Mrs Macks, thank you for the sweet ode to your children...and parenthood. It is indeed a difficult journey, but a wonderful one.

Comment

I forwarded this to bunches of friends (non MWOers). Thanks!

Comment

how about those mothers who make the quiche but are too busy doing the dishes to eat it
                        "The one true thing that I know about myself is that I will never stop learning things about myself!":nutso:

AF SINCE 5/23/2007 - MINUS 3 DAYS!!!!

Comment

Very nice post, Macks!

akmom...oh, I have SO been right there. Make a big ole dinner, on a "day off" work (which includes house work and yard work, etc LOL) and just plopping down on the couch while everyone eats so happy to finially be DONE. Hubby asking, aren't you eating?
                          Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Macks, judging by the chart my 25 and 22 year old daughters must be 35 already... but that is okay with me. They call everyday sometimes with important questions, sometimes just about the traffic. It does not matter, I listen and listen.
                            Hey, Mom are you typing an e-mail while I am talking to you? or
                            Mom, what did I just say??
                            too funny, they know when they lose me on the phone because they go on and on and on..
                            They are the biggest joy in my life and I will do anything to protect them.

Comment

Working...
                            X