Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving on?....sure as shit hope so!

Hello all,
    Well, sober yesterday no small thanks to you & your support. Planning to do this ODAT. No counting days, just hope to use the word 'sober' on a regular basis. We'll see...

Scared the crap out of myself on saturday. And shattered the trust of someone I love more than I can say. I'm moving on by getting sober, it's the only way forward for me. Looking backwards or standing still has become a living hell of pain, guilt, doubt & fear (with enough modding along the way to make me complacent, keep me procrastinating). Pissing about (literally) with such a dangerous substance when I'm in no fit state to do so is no longer an option. As to the future I just don't know. It's the way I live my todays that will decide that

So as I sit here sweating & shivering I feel relieved. Yes I'll have many, many memory triggers to work through. But the memory of that night easily overshadows them all. Brave words I know, but if anyone had told me before that this is what would happen, it would have stopped me in my tracks. It's my worst nightmare, please don't go on until you meet yours

I'll be needing you guys. Thanks for listening :thanks::thanks::thanks:
    Gold xxx
    :sun:

GG, thanks for the honest and open post. I love the optimism in your words as well as the fact that your aren't morbidly reflecting on the incident that got you to this point. Please keep up the great work and keep us posted on how it is going.
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Hey GG, enjoyed chatting with you last nite. I'll check and see if you are on tonite as well. :l

Comment

HI GG. you sound so good compared to Monday. Sounds like your mindset on being sober. I am routing for you,
        DLW
        DLW
        Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
        And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
          Today is a Mystery
          Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Hello Gold, you sound like a different person! You are doing very well. Your physical symptoms will leave soon and the emotional scars will fade in time too. You know we are here for you and want to hear the good and bad stuff and help you work through it. For me, reliving in my mind some of my worst drinking escapades keeps me away from the drink. It sounds like that is working for you too.
          Take Care Gold and very much looking forward to hearing about your progress.
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Dear GG,

You are sounding motivated and strong... you hang in there and work on each day as it comes.

I'm here for you if you need me.... just a pm away:-)
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Goldie,

Hang in there and stay strong. You are doing great!

M03
              AF Since April 20, 2008
              4 Years!!!
              :lilheart:

Comment

I'm in your corner GoodAs..Going through the shakes and sweats with you..
                Its hard to add to what you said..This shit IS too dangerous to mess with...And its scarey how fast you can slip down the slope..

You are making all the right choices..The main thing is YOU know you got to do it...and nobody is telling you to...That makes the world of difference and is the key to sucess..

PM me any time..Stay strong...:l:l:l
                I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Thanks all xxx
                  Feeling a lot better physically today. Mentally tho...Duh. Did i donate my brain to a good(?) cause while i was drunk sometime...? Maybe the sups will help me rmember

GOOD wishes to all

Comment

Hey, G.. if you did someone got lucky....
                    good night and sleep tight

Comment

i didnt read yur post but it souds like you almost poisoned yuself,you have found a great site and most of the memories will return,good luck to you goldie, gyco

Comment

much love to you G..always in your corner

Comment

Hang in there Goldie
                          It is tough, but soooo worth it. Sending you strength. It will get better.
                          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Gold
                            Re-read your post whenever you need to be reminded of why you are going through this. We are all thinking of you and sending our support.

Comment

Thanks so much for all your posts

Still sober today & over the worst physically i hope. Thoughts about AL come & go. A lot easier than i thought - not thinking in the morning about last nights drinking, & not watching the clock to make sure i get my nightly fix, has taken 90% of the thoughts out of the equation. I spend a lot of time here & that helps the most.

The emotional issues will take longer, the friends & family who were sucked into the destructive vortex i spun around myself for years. I need to give myself time on that & i will. Sober time.

Looking forward to getting more active but right now - tired!
                              Love & strength to us all
                              Gold xxx

Comment

Working...
                              X