GHOST STORIES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GHOST STORIES

I thought maybe we could start our Halloween festivities with some good 'ole ghost stories. Your favs, ones you remember from your childhood or something your've even experienced. Here's something that happened to me.
    Our house was built around 1830. It was abandoned when we bought it, and we were prepping it to move it to its present location. I was shoveling fallen plaster in the main hall when, just over my shoulder, a man's voice said "Stop that!" Assuming it was my husband, who had just given me the job to do, I turned to see only an empty hall. After searching a minute or two, I found Hubs on the roof. When I told him what had happened, he said, "Aw, just ignore 'em. Somebody talked to me all day yesterday!"

Since living in the house, I've heard footsteps on the stairs, when I'm home alone. I've been tapped on the shoulder, and doors pushed against me, had a feeling of a presence, and the dog's hair will stand up, then she starts to bark at an empty(?) corner.

O.K. Your turn!!!! :muahaha:
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

GHOST STORIES

What, no out there got one?
    sigpic
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

GHOST STORIES

Once, hubby and I were driving back from my parent's house - they live out in the stix so we have to travel down some dark country lanes. I turned a corner and it appeared that a boy in rags stepped into the road. I slammed on hard, then realised there was nothing. We both saw it and it freaked us both out.
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

GHOST STORIES

There ya go, Vladdie! I bet everyone has had the creeps one time or another!
        sigpic

Comment

GHOST STORIES

I used to visit a old share house were my partener and her brother lived one morning i asked him how has he been sleeping since moving in he said not well I asked whats up he said its cold and as he drifts off he feels a pressure on his feet like some one is sitting down on the end of the bed . This guy is a straight up computer programmer life to him is explained in un emotional terms. He finally moved out asked him why he said i got sick of constantly waking up to this fedaration woman sitting on the end of the bed just looking at me !!!!!!!!!!! I said ARE you serious he blankly said yes.
          Creep me out the next share person that came in said the exact same thing. I went to the local shire and did some searchin records showed that it was a boarding house with a colourful history color being BLACK and the owners wife well very sad this place had history. But once in the middle of the night I too felt the pressure on the end of the bed I was only sleeping there every second day as I was just courting my sweet heart but shit!!!! one early morning I swear I woke up feeling this pressure on my feet and kicked furiously and felt like some one got up and walked away. I insisted all courting be done in my place from there on!!!!! completely freaked me out

Comment

GHOST STORIES

One night I was sleeping downstairs because of rib fractures and pneumonia. Hubs told me next day he heard me come up the stairs in the night, come across bedroom, get in bed and throw arm across him. He thought I was feeling better, then realized arm was getting lighter and lighter over him. He turned over to look, and bed was empty. I was still asleep downstairs. He just went back to bed!
            sigpic

Comment

GHOST STORIES

Watched this last night about 1100......this one was good, will scare the crap out of you. IAD.
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

GHOST STORIES

Woooo, yes, IAD. Love a good ghost movie. Don't care much for slasher stuff, tho. Have you seen 'Cloverfield'? Very unusual movie!
                sigpic

Comment

GHOST STORIES

Our cabin is in the heart of the traditional Cherokee lands. There are so many stories of ghosts in the area. One is about a house down the road from us. Many years ago, two men were walking past the house when a woman came screaming towards them, chased by her husband with an axe. The 2 men were unarmed and were chased away by the man, who was raging mad. By the time they got back with help, he had killed his wife, then hanged himself. Ever since then, people walking past the house in the late evening claim to hear screams, and some have even seen the woman running down the hill.
                  sigpic

Comment

GHOST STORIES

Will check out Cloverfield...........When I'm looking for a development to buy a house I always ask the Realtor......Was this site ever an old Indian Barial ground ! ha! Yep, first thing......Take care. ( Remember "Polterqist" Ha! )
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

GHOST STORIES

When i was about 14 i had just got out the bath..I had left the radio on in my bedroom quite loud so i could listen to music in the bath...Anyway i got out wrapped a towel round me and went to get dried and changed in my bedroom..I leant down to turn the radio back down...There was loud static for a second and the radio said my name...More loud static for a second and the music came back on...
                      I just stood up and walked down stairs and sat in the livingroom..14...dripping wet with a towel wrapped round me...My mum and dad staring at me..

The spooky bit is i had forgot about this for years...Until my wife and her sister told me when they were about 14 they were arguing over the radio in their bedroom...When the radio said my wifes name...They screamed and ran downstairs...

I have no clue what that means...Its just weird..
                      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

GHOST STORIES

My daughters use to tell me there was a spirit in our house. OK, whatever, didn't believe them. They grew up, moved out and when they did, our friend started bugging me. Opening cupboard doors, moving things right in front of me. I came home from work one night and started cooking something and there he was standing in the doorway. I said out loud " i don't feel good. Leave me alone tonight." He was gone and I heard footstep going up stairs. Know one here but me.

Also had 2 little girl spirits that would play hide and seek in the bedroom when I was trying to sleep. I could here them calling to each other, " find me" There names were Tammy and Sara. They would even whistle for my dogs which drove them nuts.

One weekend both daughters came home for a visit and woke up to the little girls standing there watching them. They described them as around 6 and 8 years old and light blond hair.

That was enough for me, I lit a white candle and told them they need to go to the light. They weren't welcome here.

That was a few years ago and haven't seen or heard from the 3 of them again. Not just a Halloween story. Gods honest truth.
                        AF Since December 2006

Comment

GHOST STORIES

Right-O, Jules. I don't try to convince anyone about my house. It is what it is. When my Sis and I were teens, we had a Ouija board. Took to all the parties, and that little sucker flew around the board when we asked questions. Then one night,she got mad at it and cursed it. Pointer turned and flew into her chest. Right after that 'The Exorcist' came out, and I got rid of the board!
                          sigpic

Comment

GHOST STORIES

This is not a story just a experience...The last time i seen a spirit in my house was a few months ago i have seen this girl three times now she about 8years old but the third time, i made sure i sat up and keeep my eyes open she would not go away i said hello to her in the end i turn my bedside lamp on she disappeared, it always starts of with a shadow at first.
                            Why is it always at night time those things happen.

Happy halloween everyone ...love the thread/

love
                            Teardrop.x
                            family is everything to me

Comment

GHOST STORIES

scent of flowers..

I for got to mention when my mum past away and also my brother, for about two weeks in my house i got a scent smell of flowers even my husband could smell it, but it was comfort feeling not a bad feeling. Funny though when my dad past away i got a smell of burn toast this smell was first thing in the morning and on and of during the day. (my dad always use to burn his toast) Has anyone else experience this?

Take care

Love
                              Teardrop.x
                              family is everything to me

Comment

Working...
                              X