Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of Self Confidence

MyHeart,

I am so glad you took the plunge and agreed to do the show and interview.

That is the only way I know to deal with fear. Face it head on.

I can't remember where I saw it, maybe a signature here, or somewhere else but they quoted someone, and I paraphrase here:

Facing your fears gets your to the other side to the life you should be living.

Someone help with the real quote and the quotee?

I have to do it every time I go to a new client. It is scary and like both of you I always have tha niggling self-doubt and self-degradation. "I might fail, I am not good enough."

It is one of the things I love about my job. It forces me to face those fears and overcome them on a regular basis AND it keeps me doing something different every time I get on a new account. My life is absolutely not boring!! :H:H

I am proud of you MyHeart. :l:l

Greenie, you can do it, too. I sent you a pm that said this but remember, You have your BGP on!! :l:l

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Lack of Self Confidence

I'm reminded of a Jon Stewart show where he interviewed an author of a book on Success. I just searched and found it. It's Chris Matthews.

Jon makes point that you Chris has "faked" every success in his life, including finding a successful wife. "I'm not trashing your book. I'm trashing your entire philosophy on life!" became a classic line.

I see this as a key difference between many women and many men. Women often perceive that men are more self confident prior to their success or public life. The women await for self confidence and feel it a prerequisite for success.

I think that Men don't think too much about their own feelings and certainly aren't allowed to wait for self confidence. As boys turn to men there's no choice about whether they want to be the primary breadwinner, it is forced on them. But with that lack of choice, the technique of bluster and making the appearance of being qualified is considered a reasonable route as long as it achieves the result.

Something to think about.

Here's the video talking about blustering male technique for success:

Jon Stewart interviews Chris Matthews, Oct 2, 2007, Book: "Life's a Campaign"

Comment

Lack of Self Confidence

you have more confidence then u think,hang tuff,gyco and i put my name onit

Comment

Working...
        X