Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

greatful

Thank you all!

I feel so much better today. I had a really hard week but got through it thanks in such large part to the support from this site. The family dynamics are bigger than I expected. I appreciate what some of you have told me. Hubby is reacting to the changes in me because it is affecting him too.

I am feeling greatful today. Greatful for: this site; the wonderful cyber friends I've found here; all the things I've learned about AL and it's effects on body and mind; things I can do to change my behavior and thought processes.

One thing I'd like to share. Yoga is a huge part of my life. AL started to get in its way for a short time, but that's gotten better now too. I'm now making it part of my AL recovery. The local yoga studio has the best Friday afternoon class called "Happy Hour Yoga" from 5-6:00 pm. I've always liked the class as it just fit my schedule. But it has taken on huge significance to me this past couple weeks since I've been AF. It has become my replacement to happy hour at the restaurant I used to frequent on Friday night for the two-fers. And I feel so much better Saturday morning too. So I am greatful for happy hour yoga too.

Happy Satruday everyone!

periwinkle
    Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

greatful

Great, P. It's amazing sometimes what tomorrow will do, huh. Is your hubby in a better mood?
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

greatful

I'm sorry I missed your original post....I am so happy you are feeling better today.

I am thinking about doing yoga as well......
      AF July 6 2014

Comment

greatful

Ruby, you are so right. Today is so different than the last two days. I love all the support I got from everyone here. Hubby is in a better mood today. He passed out candy to the little trick-or-treaters last night. He loves that and I loved watching him talk to the little ones! I got the later shift with the older kids [LOL]. Then we watched a fun movie. We laughed a lot. Laughter is great medicine!

Christy, I love yoga! It is great for body, mind, and soul. What could be more perfect for AL recovery? You should definately try it... all of you!

What a couple days though. I felt like I was on some kind of roller coaster with the mood swings. Holy moly, am I back to puberty!? Is that normal?

periwinkle {om} ray:
        Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

greatful

Hi Peri, I am so glad you are feeling better. i keep telling myself that bad feelings dont last. Trouble is they often feel like they do! your mood swings will settle hun
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

greatful

Peri, glad to hear that you are doing better. I am a HUGE proponent of including exercise in my recovery program. Not only does it occupy otherwise empty time, it gives a huge boost to our self-esteem because we are doing something positive for ourselves.
            Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

greatful

Hi AAthlete, I somehow would have guessed that you support exercise in AL recovery. Or even for life in general. Your name kind of gives it away. :h

It does feel really good!

And thank you for the well wishes.

I have read many of your posts and always find common ground with you. There is so much going on on this forum it seems like I just don't always get around to replying to everyone that I relate to. So thank you for your reply.

periwinkle

Comment

greatful

Way to go Peri! Glad to hear things turned around for you! Thanks for the suggestion on Yoga.

Comment

greatful

You go girl!!!!

YOGA has SAVED me, it is statistically proven to help alcoholics! When my therapist recommended it I kept saying "I'm not that girl", I just felt it was so not me and kept on keepin on with my personal trainer and weight lifting and cardio, yada, yada, yada. But the therapist really seemed to get me and why I was drinking and kept pushing the freaking yoga.....sure enough I broke down and gave it a try. It really really really helps

I'm so happy for you Periwinkle!

Luvya,

Myheart
                  Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                  - George Jackson

Comment

greatful

MyHeart,

That is an interesting statistic. I didn't know that, but it makes good sense to me.

I know that many people who do other forms of weight training, etc come to yoga classes and are blown away by the strength they gain from yoga because it isolates other muscles that their training doesn't. So there seems to be something for everyone there.

For me, it's somewhat "low impact" form of exercise that I enjoy. Although there are some heat building classes that really get the heart rate up too. I find a mix is good for me. I like to add more of the aerobic-type classes this time of year when I need to get in shape for skiing!

Boss.man, thanks for your well wishes! I always look to your posts for answers. You are kind of like my big brother. Although I think I'm a few months older than you [LOL].

periwinkle inkele:

Comment

Working...
                    X