Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Army 2nd November 2008

Morning Army,

Feeling much brighter myself today after a good nights sleep last night. If I dont sleep properly I do tend to get very depressed.
    A good friend gave me some excellent advice yesterday and that was to take a step back and look at my achievments since I have been sober. It is something I dont do, I fly around looking for things to make me feel better and take very little time to reflect on me and the changes I am making in my life. Its like I want perfection NOW and we all know that isnt realistic. So I am going to be mindful of those words today.

Krigs, this is a big day for you, day 90 and with a new addition to your family. Celebrations in the Kriggenbottom household I expect.

Wipster, i am glad you are feeling better now. You said something interesting yesterday about how you used to always feel crappy and now you are not supposed to! That is very true my friend. Another thing I think we forget sometimes.

Sea, I hope you have fun with Mr Tall. Has Mr Warm dropped off the radar?

Peri, welcome to the Army! Good to have you here. Great going on your 15 days!

Mr G, you are on day 9 today and you are doing great! Proud of you!

Have a good one all.
    Talk later
    Love Startingover xxx
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

A very good morning to everyone. I hope everyone is well and had a great Halloween.
    I am so sorry i left like i did, but it was something i had to do. I had alot of negative feedback about this site from family and a friend. I needed to take a step back and consider things. I had a terrible binge that lasted fron Thurs night to Sun, and i very almost had no choice in my options to speak to you due to my actions on Sunday. But im back on day 7, have had some time and wanted to come back to say that i am o.k and have missed being here.
    I also found out last week that i am not seeing my daughter ATALL over christmas. Her mum is taking her away from the 23rd until the 28th. She didnt even tell me. Found out from someone else. I am gutted, but dealing with it. I also have terrible toothache, not to moan!!!
    Anyways, I think i need to spend a little less time on here than before, because it was taking over my life, and stopping me doing other things, so i will be here, but will not post as much.
    I hope its o.k to come back and that i didnt upset anyone.
    I would like to thank everyone for the p.m's and phonecalls.
    I have missed you.
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Wow, today is a good day!!
      Totally understand the bit about MWO taking over. Thats what our addictive brains do I think, latch on to something.
      KP I am so glad you are OK as you probably realised we have been worried. It will be great to hear from you whenever you can.
      Good going on day 7

Comment

Whats everyones plans for today?
        My brother is coming over today and we are going out to lunch with mum. She is still not good but if she doesnt have to walk too far she should be ok.
        Oh yeah and I must do some housewok......bummer

Comment

Hi Cy ,great to see you .
          Im afraid I drank 3 glasses of wine last night , poured out the forth and went to bed but im back to been dissapointed and depressed with myself so im going to crawl under a rock somewhere and catch you all later.

Comment

Morning All,

Cy so glad you are OK and back on the wagon!

Well done for stopping at 3 glasses Limers- I would have drunk the whole lot.

Has anyone heard from Chelle lately? I haven't been on so much due to other things I have to get on with, but I cant find any recent posts from her.

Have a lovely day all.

Comment

Great to hear from everyone.
              Im going to cook beef dinner and take Erin swimming. My mum and dad bought HER a weekend membership to a posh pool and gym and so my 8 year old can take ME as a friend!!! How wrong is that!!!!
              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

What happened to chelle?
                To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Morning/afternoon everyone!
                  Chef KP, welcome back!!! We missed you!!!
                  :l
                  LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Everyone say hello to Vicky who is now well on my case because i came back on here. HELLLLLOOOO VIIIICCCC. IM ON MWO!!
                    Big Brother is watching me!!!
                    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Hi Vicky! :h
                      :l
                      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Cy! Glad you are back! And.... keep your priorities straight! You are fighting for your life here, and this business of getting free from alcohol is NOT a lark. OK yeah you need to be sure to prioritize so that all the other stuff in life is getting done, too... but until you have 2 or 3 months AF behind you, you are absolutely going to need to spend a LOT of time/energy working on this stuff, and being in contact with, talking to, and listening to people on MWO. This is a program that has worked for you in the past. Vicky, if you are reading this: this program is effective. It saves people's lives. And it requires some time and effort... just like it would take, if a person had to deal with cancer or a chronic illness...

limers, don't hide, OK? I know you feel crappy. Come on back out, talk to us, figure out what the trigger was, re-read the toolbox thread, and make sure in your own mind that you know how to deal with the situation, next time!!

wip

Comment

Great to have you back Cymru. Hope you ignored my PM - what was I thinking?!!?!!! You can tell I'm a sneaky alcoholic.
                          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

It was a good idea though Vlad!
                            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

It's that our boy I hear? :cheering:
                              sigpic
                              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
                              X