Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone seen Mr T today?

CS,
    I am sorry that you are feeling low. I was like that for a few days this past week. I was not drinking, but all I wanted to do was sleep. I had no energy whatsoever. I did make it to work everynight, but accomplished nothing else. It seems to be lifting now. I am sure that it will pass for you too. Getting out and doing something does help. Chin up.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

T
      See what happens when you sleep in!!!

Comment

No, No , No Mr T. we must know everywhere you go ! Ha! IAD.
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi everyone, and sorry to hijack T's thread. ;} I went to the library, and found an interesting book called "Grain vs. Grape," on the history of wine and beer, socio-cultural contexts (why is wine considered more fancy when beer is more complicated to make). Then I went to another shelf and read a section of Caroline Knapp's "Drinking: A Love Story." (Several years ago I read the whole book, chapter by chapter, at the library b/c I was afraid to check it out.) Today, instead of reading about her escapades, I started at the end -- the chapter entitled 'Healing.' Then I found another book called "The Family Recovery Guide" -- pretty 12-step oriented but really went into depth about what the whole family goes thru when someone is drinking, then stops. I couldn't check that one out either. I know hubby has issues too, and is not addressing htem -- but am I really addressing them either? So many of these writers express soooooo many of the feelings that I feel. I know I am not healing, but I sure need to get myself closer to that point.

In the end, I did not check out the Grain and Grape book, because although my intellectual self would say "what a great read!" my heart is saying "don't waste your time, because you know it's not in your best interest."

So AAthlete, I guess that is my one step for today. I still feel kinda low, and afraid. But I am glad that I got out for a bit, and thought some things through for a bit. Thank you all for your comments and support. And again, T, glad you are here on Sunday as always.

Comment

CS,

Hope you are feeling much better now and sorry that I just now saw this.

I know the feeling... was there just a short time ago!

Tomorrow is a new day. Make the most of it.

Allie
            If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Working...
            X