Helping Others...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helping Others...

"...What I do for myself is lost; what I do for others may be written somewhere in eternity."

Was reading this in my Daily Reflections this morning and it really stood out for me. So much of my life was always about ME. I need you to do this for me; I need that new car; I need to drink today; If I am honest with myself I know that I was always putting ME first and EVERYONE ELSE second.

That kind of thinking is, in part, what got me here - that selfishness. There are a host of reasons why I acted like that, but it wasn't until I started TRYING to put others first that I truly started to have the caring and compassion to journey down the road that I am on.

So, try doing something nice for someone else today. Tonight when you reflect back, think about that act and how it may have helped that other person and you might be amazed at how good it will make you feel. And as the quote says, you just might also have a profound effect on someone else's life.
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Helping Others...

Hey, I love this!

You're so right. Something we all should try.

Comment

Helping Others...

I whole heartedly agree.
      I am going to make more of an effort.
      Thanks AA
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Helping Others...

I think this a great time of the year to begin volunteering.
        :l
        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Helping Others...

so very true .... thank you
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Helping Others...

Nice one AA....That much bad shit goes on in the world..Its nice to think that doing something unselfish..Is still high up on some people agenda
            I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
            One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Helping Others...

Sometimes you may just make that difference without real effort too. Daily emailes just checking in.....a phone call...a hug just because...you don't have to move a mountain, just little things mean alot.
              Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Working...
              X