Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help With a 7 Day AF With A Twist

Hi,

I've been AFing for a few days with modding inbetween for a couple of months. I now know I need to do 7 days AF which is very difficult for me. Something inside is just telling me it's time for 7 days. After 3 days it's very hard. I have the book, the supps, the topa, the CDs and I use them. I'm on this forum as much as possible. I'm excited and nervous. This time I need your help.

If you've read some of my posts you know I have issues with my hubby who also drinks nightly. A lot. It's been a problem for our family and he has health related issues with it. Last night I told him I was going to do 7 days AF. He didn't say anything, he doesn't when I talk about MWO and going AF. Then I asked him if he'd like to join me.

He said yes.

I was, and still am, dumbfounded. We both had our first AF day together yesterday. Today is already very stressful work-wise (we work together) and he said he didn't want help with any supplements.

I just wanted to share this good, yet scary news with you. So, we're on day 2 AF, he's white knuckling it and I'm turning to you for support. I love him for doing this. He's got a huge temper, this should be interesting, if nothing else!

Thanks for listening, :l
    Be
    "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

thats bleedin great Becoming...your good influence must be rubbing off!

Comment

Sometimes it is much easier doing it with someone beside you - of course it can also sometimes be much harder!

Glad that he has decided to join you though and best of luck to both of you!
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

(((Becoming))))

I think me and my husband and going to be AF free for a while too. Hope to see you around the board. I'm glad your hubby is joining you. :goodjob:

Comment

Thanks for the support and kind words, they mean an awful lot to me. I like to be the one cheering others on here and am not so used to asking for help. Believe me, Hart, I'll be here!

Comment

That is amazing Be! Sometimes I think our other halves follow our example but dont like to be "told" what to do. I know my hubby drinks a lot less now.
            I have everything crossed for you both
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Wow!, That is awesome so happy for you, must have felt great when he said yes. I have read so many who's spouces are like " I wish you would drink"

I'm glad for you and hope it goes well :l
              :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Be, I am so happy your hubby decided to join you...I would love to see mine follow me down the AF path. I hope you both have a successful 7 days AF....I'll be rootin' for you both! Kriger
                "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

akgirl and kriger,

Thanks to both of you! I never thought mine would do this. Yesterday was fairly uneventful and today, with work, couldn't be more stressful. Computer crash, employee rip off, wrong parts coming in, customer complaints. Oh yeah, it's Monday, right? LOL I'm craving already at 2 pm and don't usually until 4. Sigh. I'll pull out the glut.

Thanks again,
                  Be

Comment

Becoming--

I am so envious--I think. I'm pretty sure I couldn't work with my hubby full time. Please keep us updated on this team effort!:h
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Be, maybe you could slip some kudzu in his soup [LOL, I crack myself up sometimes]!!!!

In all seriousness, that is awesome! How is it going today?

periwinkle
                      Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

LVT, I love the little "I think" comment. I know what you mean!

peri, thanks for checking in. It's going okay. Today is day 3 AF for us and, basically, after a very stressful day workwise, we just stuffed our faces last night. It went okay, no fights, no AL.

This morning went quickly. I'm having a rough day at work, he hasn't called in yet. It's probably
                        for the best. He still won't take any supplements (I'm considering slipping some in his chili, yes!)
                        but he is eating more. He used to not eat at all during the day then WAY overeat at night.

Thanks so much for checking in, guys, I really appreciate it. I rushed this am and am behind on my supps, too. Now I am reminded to not forget about me. Duh.

Thanks so much, :l
                        Be

Comment

I'm so glad you checked in Becoming! Sounds like its going pretty well. I think its great he's eating better. With me at least, eating helps to take the cravings away.
                          I really hope this works out for you two. :h
                          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Well, the first crack in the perfect marital plan. He checked in with work and, as usual, he's his negative self. Think Eyeore (sp) from Winnie the Pooh. I'm constantly looking on the bright side and trying to stay cheerful and it's getting to me. I don't just mean for this 7 days I mean for the past 20 years. I wasn't so nice about it today and told him I needed a break as I had a lot to do and was trying to stay positive and I'd talk with him later. What does he do? Comes in the office to tell me he had to come ALL the way back because he forgot a tool. I actually put my fingers in my ears. How immature is THAT? I should be more supportive. When he's drinking he's Mr. Happy and when he's sober he's Mr. Crab. Sigh. I'm going for a walk. It's beautiful out. Then I'll come back and eat lunch, you're right, LVT, it helps me with the cravings, too.

So, I go for a walk, felt great, and decide to pick up some Halloween decs while I'm outside. What do I find? A hidden beer can from Mr. Crab. :no: I know it was from Halloween,it just bummed me out.

I think I'll go eat. Where's the chocolate?

Be

Comment

Well, we've made it to Day 4. We're both still alive, the kids are alive, the dog and cat are alive so I guess that's all good. Hubby admitted that the night before he had a bad night of sweats. I'm glad he's sharing this with me. He usually "bottles" everything up. (Sorry, probably not funny but I had to do it.)

This is my hardest day. I feel a bit cocky, like "I have this thing under control, I can have a few" when I've made a 7 day AF committment.

Take care,
                              Be

Comment

Working...
                              X