MY AA Meeting- Saw mom step mom and left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YIKES, I went to my 3rd AA meeting and was ready to walk through the door, but saw my step mom sitting there. I know she is an Alcoholic, but since I never saw her at my meeting - I thought I was "safe" I left promptly before she saw me- I am not ready to start spilling my guts with her in the same room- especially since my dad (her husband) is the cause of many of my past problems.- we have never been close by the way. , So I guess I have to find another meeting that will fit in my time and day schedule. Bummer- It was hard enough for me to walk in the door the first time- now I have to start all over again :upset:

24 days AF
    DLW
    DLW
    Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
    And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
      Today is a Mystery
      Tomorrow is a GIFT

Aww, dlw, that's tough. I know it's supposed to be anonymous, but, come on! That's TOO close for comfort. You've got us till things work out with your new meetings. You got that first step under your belt. The next one will be (a little) easier. Good luck!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

How unfortunate dlw, for you anyway. I'm glad you're set on finding another meeting - you sound as if AA is part of the plan for you right now. Are there many other meetings to choose from in your area?

I hope also that your step mom finds the help she needs. But that is her journey & this is yours.
      Good Luck & keep us posted
      Gold xxx
      :sun:

Comment

I would agree with you DLW. Although AA tells us that what you hear stays in the meeting, that would seem to me to be a difficult situation to put yourself in.

I hope you find another group soon, though, as your off to a good start and I want to see that continue!
        Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Thanks guys, for your support. I guess I will get online, and see where there are other meetings. Wish me luck
          Meanwhile, if I start whining to you all- be patient with me, I need you guys more than ever!
          DLW
          Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
          And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
            Today is a Mystery
            Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

DLW,
            Great job on 24 days! That's awesome :h Best of luck with a new meeting :wings:
            Keep us posted and stay close until you find that meeting.
            :l
            LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Working...
            X