Everything Happens for a Reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes people come into your life and you know right away that they were meant to be there?to serve some sort of purpose, teach you a lesson or help figure out who you are or who you want to become. You never know who these people may be but you lock eyes with them, you know that very moment that they will affect your life in some profound way.

And sometimes things happen to you at the time that may seem horrible, painful and unfair, but in reflection you realize that without overcoming those obstacles you would never realize your potential, strength, will power or heart.

Everything happens for a reason. Nothing happens by chance or by means of luck. Illness, love, lost moments of true greatness and sheer stupidity all occur to test limits of your soul.

Without these small tests, life would be like a smoothly paved, straight, flat road to nowhere; safe and comfortable but dull and utterly pointless.

The people you meet affect your life. The successes and downfalls that you experience can create whom you are, and the bad experiences can be learned from. In fact they are probably the most poignant and important ones. If someone hurts you, betrays you or breaks your heart, forgive them because they have helped you learn about trust and the importance of being cautious to whom you open your heart.

If someone loves you, love them back unconditionally, not only because they love you, but also because they are teaching you to love and open your heart and eyes to little things. Make every day count. Appreciate everything that you possibly can, for you may never experience it again.

Talk to people whom you have never talked to before, and actually listen. Let yourself fall in love, break free and set your sights high. Hold your head up because you have every right to.

Tell yourself you are a great individual and believe in yourself, for if you don't believe in yourself, no one else will believe in you. Create your own life and then go out and live it.

Share this with anyone whom you believe
    has made a difference in your life!

Written By: Author Unknown
    Submitted By: Hannah B.

"If you take your eyes off your goals, all you see is obstacles."
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Mr T, those are very wise words.
    Thank you for sharing that
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thanks for sharing :wings:
      :l
      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Your right....Everything Counts.......IAD[ame= ]YouTube - Depeche Mode - Everything Counts (WWF Club '83)[/ame]
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

T
          This post really hit home in so many ways. Thanks for the reminder:l

Comment

I need to do more of this, engage in Life on Life's terms & stop trying to figure everything out !!!!!!!!!!!!
            Thanks t
            :sun:

Comment

Great post. Tlrgs.

We have to remember to keep our hearts and minds open so that we can recognize these events for what they are (good or bad). Too many times with go through life with blinders on and completely miss things that happen right in front of us.
              Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

AATHLETE i think it was you that had one of these sayings in your post and made me want to post this ..its hard for me to put everything into words .. but when i read this .. in so many ways it has me writen all over it... thats the way i feel most of the time .. and im so glad to see so many get something out of this thread .. stay strong and think positive everyone

Comment

I`ve lived most of my adult life "blinkered", tl.

Such a waste of time, but no more.........

Star x
                  Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

i look at all the changes.. i have been thur in this past year .. and yes things do happen for a reason .. i have my family back .. i have my life back.. there are still alot more i want ..but everything in time as the other saying goes .. stay strong and think positive

Comment

Mr T, you are a total inspiration for me. And you are right, everything in good time...
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Lovely post Mr T
                        And quite fitting for me, at this current time. Ive always said "things happen for a reason", so I was drawn towards your post straightaway.
                        Really inspirational, thank you
                        C.
                        ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Working...
                        X