Mom's Mission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mom's Mission

Well, this is my first time posting. I'm here on behalf of my two sons, who are both now detoxed. the younger has been sober for over 2 months and the other for one week. The older son was told he was headed for death within 6 months if he didn't get some help. He (again) went to a facility for the purpose of detoxing. This is his second time since late May this year. The younger son, is a 'beer-aholic' for the most part, and did at times, drink hard liquor.
    I am quite impressed with all the postings here by men and women in the same boat as my sons. Quite impressive. I want to help the boys to get the right kind of nutrients and helpful vitamins and minerals, without 'drugs'. Each, at some time in their life, has done drugs. So thye sure don't need that.:no:
    I would be so appreciative of any suggestions that I can pass along to them. Neither have a PC, so I have to do this. (BTW, I am not in same state as they are at this time but will be shortly).

Sincerely,
    Meanie0077

Mom's Mission

Hiya Meanie. You are one great mum to your boys! This is what I take....
    All One - a multi vitamin and amino acid complex
    Kudzu - for cravings
    L-glutamine - for cravings
    Gaba - for relaxation
    True Calm for relaxation
    Omegas 3,6 and 9 for healthy nerves, joints and general wellbeing.
    Vitamin B complex - for the nervous system.
    I get most from this site
    All these things help me to stay on an even keel.
    I wish you and your sons good luck.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Mom's Mission

Hi meanie,

The book "My Way Out" has a supplement plan outlined pretty clearly I think. There are also some really interesting posts on here that explain why alcoholics need to replenish certain things. The amino acids and antioxidants are very important among other things. It can be kinda hard to search these posts out, so I'll try to find them and "bump" them up for you.
      In the mean time, you can download the book here, and check out the supplements in the health store.:h
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Mom's Mission

I bumped up a pretty good thread called "Nutritional Approach anyone"? Some interesting reading and links there.
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Mom's Mission

startingover;459436 wrote: Hiya Meanie. You are one great mum to your boys! This is what I take....
          All One - a multi vitamin and amino acid complex
          Kudzu - for cravings
          L-glutamine - for cravings
          Gaba - for relaxation
          True Calm for relaxation
          Omegas 3,6 and 9 for healthy nerves, joints and general wellbeing.
          Vitamin B complex - for the nervous system.
          I get most from this site
          All these things help me to stay on an even keel.
          I wish you and your sons good luck.
          Hi, Starting Over: Thanks so much for the information. I will be heading back to my home where my son's are this weekend and will tell them about this help. They will sooooooo much appreciate your help, also.
          I't hard being a Mom, watching your kids destroy their lives. The one was soooooo far gone, it was very frightening, and even more so that I am so far away. The old saying is: "When your kids are little, they step onyour feet. When they get older, they step on (or break) your heart." As a mom, I feel so helpless, not being able to 'so something'...NOW I can, since I found this very helpful site.
          I will remember you in my thoughts and prayers, Starting Over!! Thanks for the great info!!
          Sincerely,
          Meanie

Comment

Mom's Mission

Welcome Meanie.....I hope your boys join us. AL is a killer for sure and many of us have been on the nrink of destruction and even death. Go to the healthstore here and order the starter pack for your boys....
            Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Working...
            X