Anyone Else Excited About the Election?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please, I do not mean to offend anyone but I am very excited about this election in that I see it as historic. I was wondering if anyone else is excited and what the general feeling is at your place of employment, your home, your community, friends, etc. Today, at work, there was talk of little else.

Definitely a day of nervousness and anticipation for me. I want my man to win!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

I CANT WAIT TO HEAR WHO WINS.....

Comment

I am absolutely sick to hear that Obama's grandmother just died. ONE day before he potentially will be President. How sad.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

no way , I cant believe that...how very sad.

Comment

I can't wait to vote!!!

Very sorry about Obama's grandmother.
            :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

I am tired of the election. Each says only what we want to hear- Whomever gets in will change his tune when he gets in office
              DLW
              Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
              And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
                Today is a Mystery
                Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

History will be made tomorrow (I think) but how long before history repeats itself again and we see another US president assassinated!! They're polishing their rifles in Texas I bet!!lol
                "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

I hope not..!

Comment

dlw;459597 wrote: I am tired of the election. Each says only what we want to hear- Whomever gets in will change his tune when he gets in office
                    That seems to be the nature of politics!! Anarchy Rules (or doesn't!!)
                    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

You might be right dlw, they will probably change their tune. But I'm with you, tired of it, and thats why I can't wait to vote, I'm ready for it to be done. I've had all the mud slinging I can take.

No matter what happens I just pray for a better tomorrow...for my son, for all of us!
                      :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

I am so very sad to hear about Barack's grandmother. Especially since it may be a very historical event. I wished she could have lived to have seen it. dlw, I know all politicians say what we want to hear to get elected but my belief is that you have to truly try to inform yourself on what each candidate's party stands for and then vote on what you think best represents your beliefs. I don't watch much television so I don't see much of the mudslinging and negative ads but I do try to educate myself prior to any election. I take my right to vote as a cherished obligation. I urge anyone to inform themself and then get out and vote regardless whether or not I think they would vote along my lines. I would say my main concern is when I feel someone is making an uninformed decision. This is totally a judgement call and I hold my tongue but this does irk me.

Comment

I am VERY excited and hopeful; will do some last-minute canvassing for my guy tomorrow afternoon, and then an election-night party tomorrow evening, and of course will VOTE first thing in the morning. I'm looking forward to standing in line with my neighbors; most of us in this part of town are voting the same way I am (yard signs all over the place!).

wip

Comment

Im not American, so have no imput.... despite reservations, I would have to vote Obama ... Sarah Palin put me right off the other side . lol

Comment

I am not American either but the result of all US elections have a profound effect on us also.

I am excited and utterly hopeful. Obama for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X