Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I voted today....( Have a sticker that says so....!Ha! )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my sticker too! I went off pick hours, around 10:30 so it only took me 10min. I'm on pins and needles. I just hope this is not another 2000.
    :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
    ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

I just got home from voting. My town is very small. I have never had to wait in line before and today I did. 1morechance I hear you. This woman may be dancing in the street tonight.

Comment

We voted about 10:30 this am. No wait at all. Took youngest daughter to vote after lunch--no wait at all. It was great! Just wish I had a receipt or some proof that my vote counted for my candidate. I live in a VERY conservative area, very religious, very racist, very Republican. I just feel uneasy. We use those Diebold touch-screen machines which have been hacked into. I prefer paper ballots. My youngest granddaughter has two stickers! :hKay

Comment

OMT, my friend called me this morning. She and hubby stood in line last week for two hours for early voting. She was pissed when she found out we had no wait at all! Kay

Comment

Goes to show the early bird does'nt always have things work out for them......Ha! IAD.
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Did my civic duty - got my sticker! Went at the height of lunch hour - 12:30. Was in and out in less than 10 minutes. Excited to see who our next pres will be!
              "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

I voted a couple weeks ago. Oregon eliminated polling places in 1998 and has been 100% vote by mail for more than a decade.

I find it quaint that people drive during work hours to wait in a line to use a machine that they can't depend on. IMO -absentee is definitely the way to go.

Comment

We had paper ballots in our county, which I don't think I have ever done, in 25-ish years of voting. You darkened the oval with a pen -- felt like I was taking a HS final exam -- and then put it thru an optical scanner. We have had all kinds of ballot problems in recent years. That's part of the reason hubby did not want to vote early (which was also new for us this year) -- he was worried that it wouldn't be counted correctly.

Who is having, or going to, an election night party? I went to one in the last election, and we all left depressed. Here's to happier times, and change!

Comment

I'm heading out the door to a party right now... ! Did some last-minute canvassing for Obama late this afternoon. Turnout, around here, has been huge. I'm thinking Obama might win Missouri. We'll see. I expect to be up really late tonight because I think we really might have it decided, tonight... Wow.

wip

Comment

WIP,
                      Same here as far as turnout, and Ohio is a key state. It is exciting! I remember feeling this way when Clinton was running and won in 1992.

Have fun at your party tonight!

Comment

Hey WIP...I'm watching the "F" guys

Comment

I voted!!! but being in Alaska and the last ones to be counted.....well it is kind of disheartening because it's like it won't matter because it will probably already be decided by the time it gets to us. :upset:

Still proud to vote!!
                          :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Akgirl...... all projections are that Obama has a secnificant lead. Still have Florida, N. Carolina and etc to go.The leberal Press are just so geety..........IAD.
                            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                            X