My life is changing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My life is changing....

Is the company offering help in the rehiring and/or retraining piece?

Either way, we will help build up your confidence. You'll do great!
    Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

My life is changing....

Startingover,
      I KNOW how you feel. I lost my teaching job 5 years ago. I had tenure and plenty of other 'guarantees' but they basically eliminated my program. I had to apply to the state for unemployment, which was OK for awhile but got screwed up and I didn't get any $$ for 6 months. I have still to catch up financially, although I have been working, but have not been able to find a FT job. It is SO hard and makes you feel like shit. Please keep in touch!

Comment

My life is changing....

BH, stay strong, with a new toe you will conquer the world!

Peri, I think they offer some help with marketing yourself, so CV revamp, interview skills and such.

Yes, i should be in bed!
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

My life is changing....

Oh CS, no wonder you are having a tough time right now!...The economy is not good anywhere is it? And it is the confidence thing that is hard, being thrown on the scrapheap! Although I am trying not to think like that. I am telling myself its an opportunity!
          We will get through this!

Comment

My life is changing....

WOW starting!!!! I am on your page! But I'm not going to get a "package". Divorcing your boss, well..... I just need a new job. I saw a separate section in the sunday paper about how my city is attracting something along the lines of "talented young professionals". The word "young" really stuck out for me. It seems as if my situation is the universe's way of making me deal with some of my issues. I guess I wouldn't do it by choice, so I have to do it by force. Let's put on our big girl pants and go for it!!
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

My life is changing....

Oh Greenie, my HUGE pants are on!!! I love your positive attitude. Thanks!
              Yep, the age thing is a bit scary isnt it?

Comment

My life is changing....

Greeneyes, that made me think of a book title I saw at the library the other day "Pull Yourself Up by the Bra Straps" Made me literally LOL!!!

I guess that works for you too Starting "Pull Yourself Up by the Bra Straps" girlfriend!

Now get some sleep!

:h
                Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

My life is changing....

Very challenging, very painful, Starting. I went through something like that, just under a year ago. You have a GREAT attitude and plenty of strength and determination... Of course it's impossible to know where those qualities will take you, but I'm sure that they will take you somewhere that feels right for you.

wip

Comment

My life is changing....

Hi starting,

First, well done on not drinking or smoking! You CAN handle it without doing that.

A similar thing happened to me. I took it as an opportunity to go travelling for a few months and had an amazing, unforgettable time. When I got back, I did some voluntary work in areas that interested me to see if I might want to change careers to a different field.

Other people where I had worked used the money to go back to university, start a small business, move to a different place, or simply looked for another job straight away and used the money to pay off debts/mortgages.

It also gave me the time and space to start tackling my drink problem. I'm fairly sure that if I was still in that job, I'd still be in the same rut and I'd still be drinking.

I know it's stressful, but it can be a great opportunity. Good luck!
                    sigpic
                    AF since December 22nd 2008
                    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

My life is changing....

Hey, Marshy, welcome back! Wonderful perspective.

wip

Comment

My life is changing....

SO, you know how I feel about you and your situation. An exciting new chapter in your life is waiting to be written!
                        Rubes
                        sigpic
                        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

My life is changing....

Thinking about you Starts - I was forced to leave my job of 8 years beginning of this year, a horrible and upsetting experience, but I knew it was right. I had no job to go to - but was optimistic that God had something new for me.
                          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

My life is changing....

Thank you all, I know I am not alone here. Many of us have been through this and its wonderful to know that it has turned out well for folks.
                            I am feeling more normal now, have slept a little and seem to be seeing the positve side a bit easier.
                            I want to keep posting about how i am feeling as time goes on because I want to be able to look back and see how I dealt with this. I know some days I will be less positve than others but I am hoping that the overriding feeling will be to treat it like a new adventure.
                            Thank you all, you really do help me.

Comment

My life is changing....

Start,
                              You sound SO positive about this...that positivity will serve you well. I'm sure you will go thru a myriad of feelings before things get totally settled in your life but this is an adventure to be taken and in the process you'll learn lots about YOU. Not only will you have a new, exciting job but, in the process, you will be given the opportunity to learn lots about yourself. We'll all be here by your side when you go thru the "what's next" part of your journey. Love Ya, Krigs
                              "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                              X