• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

I am so proud of you--Big hug to you.

Comment

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

rubywillow;460768 wrote: 'Yea, you white people gonna have to change all these stupid laws tomorrow 'cause there's a change coming today'.
      Not that I think Obama is going to change th parking laws, but it's this thinking that scares me. I'm sorry for what happened to you, great you stood up for yourself!
      :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

Sorry it happened Ruby, but you handled it with grace and class....good for you.
        AF July 6 2014

Comment

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

Mooning in a public parking lot pretty much sums up the quality of these people. I would love to hear what Obama would say about that. Congratulations on your standing up to this, ruby. If more people were like you, there'd be a lot less of this crap going on for our children to see...and model.

Be
          "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

there's a ton more where they came from Ruby, be careful! you at lease carry pepperspray I hope?
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

No, Det, usually carry a Rottie, but not shopping. I'm too much like my Daddy,and he really WAS 6'5 & bullet-proof. Gotta learn my limitations!! LOL
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

Ruby,
                You did the right thing, no worries on that.
                What is worrying is the way the other people reacted and showed their ignorance and racial hatred.
                I too have done similar in shopping mall carparks, and whilst I sometimes get sworn at, it doesn't escalate to anything like you experienced.
                I guess if you can stay calm amid their anger you have won.................... (though it's not really about winning or losing).

Comment

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

Ruby, we have seen some incidents related to the Obama election already today down here in Florida. I expect we will see a little more of that before the dust settles and everyone gets back to their routine. Be careful of your surroundings, nothing in a parking lot, a store, streets or highways is worth losing your life for. Long live the NRA, LOL

Comment

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

AN UPDATE: Just spoke to the Chief of Police (an old friend of mine) and he chided me for confronting the women. He told me to call him next time! (This guy is 6'7", 280 lbs.!) He fussed at me just like Hubs would, & reminded me I was not my Daddy! OK, I've got his number now!!
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

Ruby,
                      If your gonna think u too are 6'5", please get mace...cause honey u arent! AND people are CRAZY.....Luckily, all these two did was show their "ass"....some people take it a few LEEP's further and truly hurt people. I am very glad you are Ok....
                      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

Rubes, I am glad someone is looking after you!
                        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

Ruby

You are one tough broad. Good for you. I remember when my Dad was alive and could barely alive how often we couldn't park in the handicapped spaces because cars without handicapped plates were parked there. Sometimes we just had to go home because he could not walk any distance. It is so selfish for people to take what others deserve.

Good for you. Just be very careful. These women sound like nut jobs. There are lots of them out there. I always carry pepper spray and keep it close at hand. You never know. I'm glad you are OK

PS Did you get a picture of the moon job?
                          Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

Way to go for standing your ground, Ruby. It must of been pretty scary. You are a lot braver than I will ever be. I am glad that nothing happened, and the police were there quickly.

Comment

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

Ruby, I'm sorry that you were not respected to the point of being subjected to racial slurs! I hope this never happens to you again. Luvya, Myheart
                              Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                              - George Jackson

Comment

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

Ruby, I manage a restaurant. One day this elderly gentleman came into my restaurant and calmly told me to go ahead and call the law as he had busted the headlights out of a car parked in a handicap space without a sticker. It took me a few minutes to grasp what he was saying. I am fortunate to live in a community where the law actually responds to illegal parking. The elderly gentelman agreed to pay for the headlights and all was well. I hope the recipients of his aggression learned thier lesson. My mother had a lot of physical problems before she died and would have been very hard pressed without the american for disabilities act. i don't agree with violance but kudo's to the elderly gent!

Comment

Working...
                                X