VERY UGLY INCIDENT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

Something happened to me yesterday that really shook me up and made me question things I believe. It started over something small. As some of you know I have a bit of a problem with walking now, and have a disability parking permit. I was parked at a discount store, loading my purchases, when a car pulled into the disabled slot next to me. I noticed there were 2 young women, who saw me looking at them, and they didn't have a permit. They finally started to get out and I looked at their permanent tag, which was not disablity. As they got out, I said, "I'm sorry, but unless you have a permit, I will report you for illegal parking". Well, you would thought I would have said their mother was a donky and their children were ugly? THEY WENT OFF one me. I continued to load my car, calmly explaining the parkiing spaces were for people who had trouble walking, etc. while they danced and screamed obscenities in the parking lot. People gawked, walked on by. Finally, I took out my phone, set it to camera, and went to the back of their car to photograph it in the space, and the loud one got behind the car and mooned me! Finally, I just called 911. I told the dispatcher there I really didn't mean for things to get to this, didn't know what to do, should I leave, but then she heard the woman yelling racial slurs at me (she was black, I'm white) and she sent 2 cars!. By then the woman had moved, of course, the officers were super nice, told me they deal with this type of lazy ignorance all the time. When I asked what to do next time, they said, be safe, call us.

One, I won't be afraid to stand up for what is right. I know the world is more violent. I didn't even tell Hubs about this incident because he would explode!. He's always said my mouth is gonna write a check his but can't cash! But I will not roll over for the bullies of the world and I don't ask anyone else to fight my battles.

Two, one of the most distuburing things she said in her diatribe was, 'Yea, you white people gonna have to change all these stupid laws tomorrow 'cause there's a change coming today'. Could she possibly think that Obama's half black side will allow her to park illegally in a handicapped zone! Bizarre!!!

Sorry for the rant. So glad I was sober when the cops got there!! I was SO cool the whole time ( until the sweet young officers where so nice to me, sob, sob). Comments?
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

Sorry that happened, Ruby. Very upsetting! I would probably still be shaking with anger.

And: Stupid is stupid, regardless of race.

wip

Comment

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

Dear God! They were a real classy act weren't they..."mooning"....GROSS...
      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

The laws apply to everyone. Sorry that happened. Pretty funny about the mooning thing though. LOL! Sorry, I'd be LMAO if someone actually mooned me. hehe!
        MM

Comment

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

Ruby--

Good for you for standing up to them!! It is pretty scary how fast something could get violent though! I'm glad you're ok, and I'll bet they think twice before taking advantage again.
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

Ruby, I admire you for standing up to these two bullies. You should be proud of yourself because as the saying goes "all it takes for evil to succeed is for good men/women to do nothing". There is no accounting for rude/crass behavior.

Comment

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

Ruby, you handled that absolutely brilliantly and you should be proud of yourself.

Just goes to show that the color of your skin has no input on your level of ignorance, and they were just trying to upset you with their actions. That you didn't take the bait shows a lot about where you are at right now.
              Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

Thanks, guys. That's why I didn't tell Hubs! I break easily, and I would bet that 'Moonie' had been in a fight or two. There was a time or two I was a little nervous, but I watch my surroundings, and the people around me, always, and I was aware of several people who were on the fringes, watching what was happening (guys). It was really not appropriate for them to butt in between women, but I think (hope) they would have helped if it had gotten worse. Anyway, that's why I called 911.
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

So sorry to hear about that Rubes. It really gets to me people who park in disabled spaces. You did well to tell them, and were absolutley right to call 911.
                  To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

Well done Ruby. You should be proud of yourself. How would they like it if someone they loved was disabled and couldn't find a nearby parking spot. And no I don't think Obama would back them. LOL

Comment

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

Ruby
                      I am PROUD of you - two against one!! - you stood up for yourself and all handicapped people. So glad the police arrived!
                      Lila

Comment

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

Way to go Ruby.

What idiots they are...

My mom would just say "consider the source"....

Nancy
                        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

Ruby, Iv'e been in the same exact situation over a parking space. It's unbelievable how people can act because they have nothing to lose. Sometimes nice people have to be exposed to it have no other choice but to accept it for what it is.

You did good standing up.
                          Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

I'm so sorry that happened to you Ruby. It makes me sad that people have no respect for ANYONE these days. You did the right thing. Thankfully it didn't get out of control. You need to be careful these days.

Kudos for standing up for what is RIGHT!

Mich
                            :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
                            AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

VERY UGLY INCIDENT

Rubes, you are such an amazing lady, I am so proud of you standing up for what was right and I am glad the police backed you up.
                              I can just imagine how horrible you felt, but you did the right thing.
                              xx
                              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X