I HAVE A QUESTION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I HAVE A QUESTION

For my family...(Me included) I'd be lying if i said otherwise..
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

I HAVE A QUESTION

I am doing this for me! So that I can feel proud as an uncle to my 4 neices and newphews. I want to be the best for them and not have them grow to expereice a man not capable of holding his commitments and compromising time with them becuase of drinking. I am doing this because drinking is effecting my integrity and honesty and my abiliy to enjoy sunshine!

Comment

I HAVE A QUESTION

I'm doing this for me; nobody else is worried about it.
        Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
        - George Jackson

Comment

I HAVE A QUESTION

T. questions are free.....answers will cost ya ! Ha! You have to do it for yourself first........if you don't, then how can you control your efforts for others ! IAD.
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

I HAVE A QUESTION

For me this time - I am not a selfish person and that has been a big part of my problem for a long time, everyone and everything else has come first - husband, kids, pets, job, friends etc. etc. - I AM WORTH IT! Can you do courses on becoming selfish??
            xx
            There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

I HAVE A QUESTION

Bandit, I think WIP brought up a great point. It's not selfishness when we are saving our lives. We are no good when we are emptying ourselves into others lives without replenishing ourselves, because, too soon, there is nothing left of 'US'. When I was in rehab, we were asked to write down the 5 most important things in our lives. One by one, we had to delete them, until only one was left. Everyone but me (I admit I'd figured it out) ended with children, and that was deemed the wrong answer.....Self was the most important. Without self, we are useless to anyone or anything. That is something that will always stay with me!
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I HAVE A QUESTION

so many good respones to this question .. and it has me thinking about the next one ...lets see what came first the chicken or the egg.. just kidding .. love you all
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I HAVE A QUESTION

Determinator;461827 wrote: I used to think it was for me in the past and even said so...but alas it was not.

finally this time it IS for me, and it feels different, genuine, right.

nice thread brother T.
                  funny i always say im doing for me..... maybe deep deep down i dont really mean it!

Love
                  Teardrop.x
                  family is everything to me

Comment

I HAVE A QUESTION

Here's your answer T. It's the Chicken ! Ha! IAD.
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

I HAVE A QUESTION

RubyWillow,
                      You have great taste in avatars! Great minds think alike.

IAD
                      Great joke!!

MWO Gang,
                      I have a plaque that reads "Live in such a way that there will be no REGRETS when someone else follows in your Footsteps."
                      I am doing this for them...my little guys as I (and dad) are the most important role models they have.
                      Hugs,
                      Eve
                      "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

I HAVE A QUESTION

I am doing this for me and my family. I want my children to know the real me, not the horrible person that I am when I am drinking. I am trying to learn to like myself better so I will be better to myself. Years of alcohol have made me dislike the person that I become and my prayer is that I can be successful!
                        Hope :h

Comment

I HAVE A QUESTION

i had to be different as my wife says to argue the point,being, is not life about I,when i drank cried laffed even in sobriety life is about I,no different then then when note I, DRANK,SOBRIETY,is a long term thing,just like your drinking days,it can become like drinking also,i am very comfortable in my life rt now,but same old same old,does it ever stop,THINK,are you comfortable ,

Comment

Working...
                          X