My finances....quite a mess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so today I begin day 13 and am happy about that, feeling good today. BUT.....as I posted "Just starting out" the past few days were rough, and I think because of my finances. I've finally cleared my head, and realized I just wasn't caring about what I was spending, and spending to try to make myself feel better. Now I have this financial mess in front of me, charge cards WAY too high, etc. I've made sooo many mistakes due to drinking, and living way beyond my needs. Quite a reality check, but scared I won't be able to dig myself out. I'm actually considering a part time job, on top of my full time but worry about my daughter, and the lack of time I'd spend with her. I don't see any other way out at this point. I'm trying to keep my chin up. No quick fix for this one, but its leaving me with this knot in my stomach that won't let up.
    "Be Kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Yes, Pan, that is exactly what happens when we wake up from our long periods of intoxicated fog... or, as I like to say, our voluntary periods of brain damage! We clearly see the wreckage that we created.

The good news, of course, is that once we get our clarity and our minds back, we can do something positive about it!

The not-as-good news is that the wreckage will often call to us and suggest that it would be a "good idea" to get brain damaged again, cause then everything would go nice and foggy for a while...

Take it easy, like you are pointing out, it won't get un-done all at once... But you'll figure it out.

wip

Comment

Hi panacea,
      Firstly, as someone in a similar position to yourself, I suggest you try to calm down and make a full assesment of your finances.. I`ve been all but hysterical these past few weeks with my situation and trust me.......hysterics will only serve to make you feel even worse.

My advice to you.........start digging QUICK if there is any hope of you digging yourself out of that hole and redeeming your situation.........burying our heads in the sand is financial suicide.......the worry won`t go away all by itself.

Also, if you can`t see any light at the end of your tunnel over this, I suggest you get yourself some FREE advice, which you can get from debt charities. I don`t know where you are, but if in UK, National Debtline, CCCS, Payplan and CAB are all there for you, and if not in UK.......there must be similar services available where you are.

Keep your chin up nomatter how stressful your situation........trust me........they can`t shoot you for it, but the later you address this situation........the greater the penalties!!!! :l

Star x
      Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

If you have to get a second job, just go into it knowing that it wont be forever and as far as time with your girl, wouldnt you rather spend a little time with a mom who is working her way out of a hole, than a lot of time with one still in one. Your quality of time will be better. I know you will be tired,but it will be a "good" tired if that makes any sence.. Congrads on 13, butterflys are smiling!!

Comment

I happen to love someone who is having a financial crisis but has stopped drinking. I so admire her for her courage and determination to not resort to drinking while this gets straightened out. I have added (((Panacea))) to my admiration. :l

Comment

Contact your credit card companies, explain you are having a hard time with the payments. Ask them to reduce your interest rate, this would help lowering the monthly payments. I heard yesterday, on the news, some credit card companies in the US are calling their customers and make arrangements before they become too delinquent.
            Give it a try, cannot hurt.

Comment

It truely is commendable to see people beating The Beast while going through difficult times, when it would be so easy to give in and return to the old ways. Instead, you are facing life, saying " bring it on...I can deal with it!".....

Here's to strength...and determination...and going forward!

Don

Comment

"going forward" sounds good, Don. Am gonna volunteer for the next space shuttle outta here!!! :H

Star x
                Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Working...
                X