why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why?

I don't understand...the last couple days, I have felt like doing NOTHING! I simply want to just lay around in bed....and I am tired......I don't get it.

I don't feel depressed...just tired and ambitionless (is that a word?).....

I am 23 days AF, should be alive and full of energy....but....not so much....
    AF July 6 2014

why?

Hi Christy,
    I don't know why you're so tired either. I just wanted to send out my love to you. 23 days is so wonderful. Maybe you're coming down with a cold or something. Are you taking vitamins. When I'm tired I drink 2 V-8's and it helps me. Hang in there.
    MM
    PS: Are you the Silva fan. I usually remember people's avatars, so I get lost when they switch. hehe! If so did you watch UFC last night, SO FUNNY!!!!

Comment

why?

It could just be winter knocking at your door... or your body recuperating from everything else it has been through. Try some easy activities? start with short walks and increase the distance a little each day or whenever you can. Exercise is a progression, the more you do it the easier it gets.
      Terrific for you on the 23 days.

Comment

why?

Sometimes energy, sometimes no energy... but at least, not drunk and not hung over!

We need to avoid the impulse to relate everything to alcohol...

Comment

why?

You're doing GREAT!!!!!!.Be kind and gentle to yourself.Sometimes we are moving at the speed of light and sometimes at the speed of a turtle.What's important is that we are moving in a forward direction and not turning back.
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

why?

Hi Christy
            When I first stooped drinking I also had days when I felt I had no energy or drive.They pass, I still think your body and mind is relearning how to live without al.I started looking more closely at my diet ,sleep and exercise.It seems the exercise really helped me in regards to getting back to that feeling good energy state.The one thing I can say is it does get easier and you do feel better and better the further away you get from the al.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
            AF 5-16-08
            Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
            AF 5-16-08

Comment

why?

Christy,
              I felt a lack of energy for quite a while....it takes the body some time to get back to normal. I also agree with WIP that we need to be careful not to think that everything we feel with regard to our bodies is directly related to alcohol. Ask yourself, how did you feel waking up with a hangover? It's got to have that beat by miles. Also, as Caysea says, the exercise component is very important and will greatly help with the energy level you feel. 23 Days is great; you need to give yourself a good solid pat on the back for that and keep on truckin'. Kriger
              "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

why?

Christy, it could still be your body adjusting to the not drinking, or you could just be tired.

I know when I first started, I expected this wonderful new life to overtake me where I was never sick, was full of energy and people would sing my praises! How humbling to realize that wasn't the case and that I still had all the same old crap to deal with, but I had to do it sober.

So, just make sure to take it easy on yourself. Make sure you are getting enough sleep, are staying hydrated and are getting a little exercise in. I think you'll find that this too shall pass.
                Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

why?

Great job on your 27 days! That is awesome! Maybe the time change? I know I feel more sluggish in the winter mos than the vibrant summer months.

Hang in there.

Mich
                  :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
                  AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

why?

Christy, when I first quit, I got sick and sick again and again. Theory....I was no longer sanitized from the inside out:H

Really, I did and think it was due to of some vitamin deficiency. I started taking some extra stuff including vit D. It helps this time of year with the lack of sun light. Can't hurt at low doses.

nat
                    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

why?

Christy,

Congratulations! 4 weeks! Amazing! I have to say, that it took, what seemed like, foreeeeeeeeeeever, for me to begin to feel, good, after giving up alcohol. I had absolutely no energy, what so ever, didn't sleep well or slept way too much, felt crappy at times. I thought I would feel good, alot sooner, than I did. But eventually, it came! And when it does, it is awesome! Keep it up!

Hugs, Best
                      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

why?

Christy,

No worries. I think this is the normal process of healing and your body's adjustment to no alcohol. When I first stopped drinking, I couldn't get enough rest and sleep. And, I often felt unmotivated. This will come and go but your energy overall will increase.

Are you taking any vitamins or supplements? Eating well? One trap we often get in is to consume alot of sugar. It gives you an instant rush but it is not good for glucose levels in the long run. Lots of water, exercise, good nutrition are keys for me.
                        AF Since April 20, 2008
                        4 Years!!!
                        :lilheart:

Comment

why?

It happens to all of us at some point, even if you never had a drink in your life. I think its a normal part of being human. Sometimes the body temporarily needs rest. You will bounce back with plenty of energy.
                          Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

why?

I agree thsi is just part of the process and you will feel better soon. You body is just trying to let you know what it needs right now. So just enjoy the rest!!

Comment

Working...
                            X