Wealth and Materialism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wealth and Materialism

No!! this is not some mad hippie rant about the state of the nation! just a simple story that brought a lump to my throat this morning and brought me back down to earth!! (It's those flying monkey's I tellz ya!! they keep grabbing my head and pulling me up to the clouds!!)

Some time ago a man punished his 5 year old daughter for wasting expensive gold wrapping paper. Money was so tight and he became even more upset when the child pasted the gold paper so as to decorate a box to put under the Christmas tree. Nevertheless the little girl brought the box to her father the next morning and said, ?this is for you Daddy.? Embarrassed by his earlier actions his anger flared when he found the box empty ?didn?t you know young lady? he said, ?When you give someone a gift there is supposed to be something in the package??
    The little girl looked up at him with tears in her eyes and said ?Oh Daddy, it?s not empty. I blew kisses into it until it was full.?
    The father was crushed. He fell on his knees and put his arms around his little girl and begged her to forgive him for being so horrible to her.
    A short time later, following and accident, the little girl died.
    The father though, kept that gold box by his bed all the years of his life. Whenever he was discouraged or faced difficult problems he would open the box and take out an imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there.
    In a very real sense each of us as human beings has been given a golden box filled with unconditional love and kisses from our children, family, friends and God. There is no more precious possession anyone could hold.

Peace and Love
    Hippie
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Wealth and Materialism

:l:l

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Wealth and Materialism

can hardly post for crying ... Must be me hormones !
      ?We are one another's angels?
      Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Wealth and Materialism

must be something in the stars - that hit an emotional flood gate
        x
        I found myself on the roof of the world just waiting for to get my wings - The Waterboys

Comment

Wealth and Materialism

Things like that get to me...And get me thinking...I wish i read it when the kids were'nt at school...I wanna hug em now..
          Nice one Hips...I give you this...Your always thought provoking..
          You take it easy mate..
          I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
          One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Wealth and Materialism

ME too!!!!! hips bugger you you made me cry you !!!!! daughters asleep I just feel like hugging her and never letting her go!!!!!!! thanks mate you have a way of pin pointing a males emotions... No dad should be denied the love that our daughters need and give back.
            Im with you....Love cap.... Ps at the moment Lucy is my shadow Im sad for you that picture you posted is so wonderful!!!!!! Hips.... fight your bloody arse off dont let WHOEVER the pricks are !!!!!! prevent you from being with your daughter. Remember I will always be here for you any time

Comment

Wealth and Materialism

that reminds me of my dog baby that died after being hit by a car. She had chewed on a little hankie that I liked. Now that she is gone, I still have her little chew clothe, I keep it with her ashes in a shrine.I love her very much.

Comment

Wealth and Materialism

Hip
                You should have put a warning on this thread "Do not read unless you were prepared to cry". Certainly reminds us of what should be important in our life!!!

Comment

Wealth and Materialism

this really touched my heart

Comment

Wealth and Materialism

Nice one, hip.

It`s good to take a little time out to reflect on the things that REALLY matter in this life. Thank heavens for small mercies. :l

Star x
                    Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Working...
                    X