Unexpected Guests, No Plan In Place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're not stealing LVT, you've brought up an excellent question.
    Don't you wonder what went through your son's head when you said not tonight? Was it relief? A little sigh of happiness?
    I was so lucky on so many occasions, that the house didn't burn down or something tragic happen and I was too drunk to wake up. Angels must have been watching over us on many occasions.
    I'm proud of you L ~ try to make it another night, then another night, before you know it, it won't cross your son's mind that something is different!
    You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Boy, you're not kidding River!! I hate to even think of how lucky I have been with my kids! The things that could have happened!!! Makes me sick to my stomach to even think about it. One time, when my oldest was really little, I put him to bed, shut his door and put a towel under the door because I was smoking and our house was really small. Then proceeded to party until he woke up. His room was about 120 degrees because I had turned the heat up and then plugged the openings! I could have killed him!!!

We were visiting with friends this morning and the subject of drinking came up. My friend's daughter (she's 30) said she rarely drinks anymore and said it scares her to think about it because she gets so sick. I have been thinking that so much lately. Then my kids started talking about how grumpy I used to be the next morning.......

Weird how its all coming out in the open.....I've been at this since February, and done quite well since June 1st.

I guess that's why I come here, I'm constantly reminded of all the negative aspects of alcohol!!!

ta ta for now!!:h
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

LVT25;463261 wrote: Boy, you're not kidding River!! I hate to even think of how lucky I have been with my kids! The things that could have happened!!! Makes me sick to my stomach to even think about it. One time, when my oldest was really little, I put him to bed, shut his door and put a towel under the door because I was smoking and our house was really small. Then proceeded to party until he woke up. His room was about 120 degrees because I had turned the heat up and then plugged the openings! I could have killed him!!!
        I once did an evaluation of a woman who did precisely that. Fell asleep (after having a couple of beers, and smoking some marijuana) with the heat turned too high beside the crib; killed her baby. She was not severely intoxicated, just exhausted, and little sedated, and slept through the crying. That was one of the worst cases I have worked on... the mother was just completely shattered. And was treated very severely by the prosecutor and judge. She was a single mom, working 2 jobs, with very little assistance from her family.

Comment

Working...
        X