Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instead of Drinking when I Get the Urge, I Will.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings.

I was wondering what other people plan on doing when they get the urge to drink.

I make phone calls to friends and visit this web site.

What works for you?

A long, hot soak in the bath until the booze shop closes, followed by a good movie.

Comment

Coming here
      Walking the dogs
      Reading a good book.
      Or just taking stock for moment, going over the good things from the last 4 months
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Or if its really bad I relive my last drunken episode....that sometimes does the trick!

Comment

I will come back here and read the thread, "What Did You Hate the Most About Drinking?"

Maybe I need to write the list and keep it in my wallet.

Comment

Lists are good Keep. Also write about how you felt when you last drank and had a bad experience. Its amazing how we forget how bad things were

Comment

Drive, since I cannot do that if I drink. At this point in my life, I can afford to shop whenever I want, so,I may shop, or just drive. Also, Cleaning out a closet, file cabinet, dresser, etc., is always good. That is, of course, if I don't pick up a paint brush. Can't paint and hold a drink and keep any kind of perspective with AL. Dogs always need a walk, and it's not safe to walk my Rottie if I'm not quick on my feet!
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I call my sponsor and chat with my MWO friends. When I'm restless, irritable or discontent that means that I find someone or something not acting the way that I want them/it to - which means there is something wrong with me (I am not accepting it) .

Talking about it takes away my problem's power and get's me back to where I need to be.
                Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

EAT !!!!!!!!!!
                  sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Good night evie...I'd be huge! LOL.....I have been cleaning....top to bottom. I have cleaned drawers, closets, etc...
                    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

I've been making myself a cup of tea or having something else to drink. And having a piece of halloween candy :-)

Comment

Echo the Halloween Candy
                        Been raiding the kids goody bag big time and feel very guilty about it - crap, I'm even taking all the good stuff - I am the worst mother ever
                        xx
                        There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

I eat and clean clean clean!
                          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Must be I eat because I have not lost any weight.

I get amazing satisfaction from having a glass of flavored sparkling water in a wine glass. I sit in my comfy chair with my feet up... same routine, without the wine.
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I wish I could get on that clean clean clean kick! My husband would sure be happy. I've been reading posts about people who are accomplishing soooo much now that they're AF. I've been doing a little more, but not in the area of cleaning. Oh well. One 'thing' at a time! Maybe once I'm more convinced it looks like I'm going to be successful, maybe then I'll start looking at other things to improve in my life. This has certainly been eye opening for me to see that I can do this - if I can do this, I can do anything! :-)

I also to drink flavored seltzer water now that I'm not drinking wine - and I put a little cranberry juice in it too. It's pretty refreshing!

Comment

Working...
                              X