Dr. turned me down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. turned me down

Hey everyone I wanted to let you know that another doctor in the group called me today. He said that my dr. had spoke with him today and he was really worried about me. On the phone I mentioned to him the topamax and he seemed interested and said he had never heard of it being used for addiction. So he asked me to come in and meet with him and he said he Googled Topa for alcoholism and he wrote me a scrip! Of course I also spent about 15 mins talking about AA and how well it works, but I wanted to let you guys know - I was amazed that he took that step to reach out to me and I am sooo thankful.

anyways it is nice to meet all of you. I hope to get to know you a bit to serve as my online support group.

Comment

Dr. turned me down

I took the Lancet article (by Bankole Johnson and others) in to my dr. initially. That defintely hepled -- she xeroxed it. You can get the article from the MWO site; probably in the Research section, or in the First-Timers FAQs there may be a link. But Topa is not the be all, end all. I sure hoped it would be, and for some it is, but not for me. At any rate, welcome, and any step in the right direction is a step.

Comment

Dr. turned me down

Who, you never know who will answe when you reach out. Prove him wrong, that AA is not the ONLY answer. It is a great one, for so many, but not for all, so it is wonderful to have this option. Look forward to getting to know you!!
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Dr. turned me down

whosyourmama;465226 wrote: Hey everyone I wanted to let you know that another doctor in the group called me today. He said that my dr. had spoke with him today and he was really worried about me. On the phone I mentioned to him the topamax and he seemed interested and said he had never heard of it being used for addiction. So he asked me to come in and meet with him and he said he Googled Topa for alcoholism and he wrote me a scrip! Of course I also spent about 15 mins talking about AA and how well it works, but I wanted to let you guys know - I was amazed that he took that step to reach out to me and I am sooo thankful.

anyways it is nice to meet all of you. I hope to get to know you a bit to serve as my online support group.
          AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
          Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
          - George Jackson

Comment

Dr. turned me down

I'm so glad to hear your going in the direction you hoped to go. Best of luck to you. I'm so sorry to hear of your Grandfather. We are all here to help.

Keep posting.

Mich
            :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
            AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

Dr. turned me down

hi mAma,ihavent read the other comments,but i tht id say hi,ive been where you are,when i finally went for treatment my doctor of 18 years dropped me like ,rain ,falls from the skies,plus my wife,he said he was down sizing,ahaaaaa,most doctors dont like to deal with AL,STIGMATISM ,HAHA,THEY DONT HAVE THE TRAINING,small letters,when it gets tuff the tuff ,run,walk thro the office,or health clinics these days,i,can point them out,they run like mice from a cat,doctors who have addiictions,look into there eyes,and youll see it,pain and frustration,if they cant deal with there addiction,how can they deal with yours,gyco

Comment

Dr. turned me down

Topa has helped me a lot. The best price I've found online is at eshoprx.com.

Sorry your doc wouldn't listen. It does work!

Comment

Working...
                X