Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was there a Defining Moment?

Wow.

One2Many, your story really hit home. I think low self esteem is one of the reasons I used to enjoy drinking so much. It turns off all of those nagging thoughts in your mind.

Comment

CS04;464963 wrote: B) the defining moment would be something so terrible, like I did something to my son or myself, that I could not live with myself. That scenario terrifies me, and I sure as hell don't want to get to that point.
      Excellent comments CS. I feel grateful to have been stopped short of the truly tragic. Did I say something so terrible my husband will never forgive me? Did I reveal a secret I'd sworn I'd take to the grave? Did I shame or embarrass someone I love? I'd start the night out drinking, hoping that this night I wouldn't get out of control and really blow it. I'd wake up in the morning and if my husband would still speak to me, I guess I wasn't too bad. And so, I'd repeat.
      It's really amazing how something that started out fun became something so not fun
      You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

And One2, your basket story definitely needs to go in the "You Know Your An Alkie Thread". That's a keeper for our book-to-be. :H
        Love ya girl!
        You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

It will be 6 months on wed. that I choice life instead of alcohol.What made me stop for good was when I found out that i was bleeding to death, internally.I would not have been able to stop, even to save my own life, if not for the support of all of you.THANK YOU FOR SAVING ME FROM A HORRIBLE DEATH....Today life is wonderful and I am regaining my health and self respect...GOD BLESS you all.
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Great thread, I keep coming back to read it!
            Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

Hi Bandit.

No actual defining moment for me.........I still don`t fully understand how I came to quit, but quit I did, which is why I believe that we all have it in us to quit, provided we keep trying........one day `something` just clicks.

Star x
              Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Yep,

When I was in Atlanta, going home.

They called my husband and asked if he would pick me up, and he said, "yes."

He called my son who was on his way home from work, really late.

However, they still would not let me fly. Passengers did not want to be bothered with this drunk and neither did pilots.

I got to roam around the airport until I sobered up, hubby madly phoning to make sure I was okay but I had lost my phone.

That was one year ago in September.

Today, I am not much better, but that was my defining moment.

How embarrassing. Not allowed to board a plane because I was so drunk.

Public drunkeness for a southern girl is as bad as ....

Lots of things.

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

i can yes there was for me .. trying to kill myself and having an outer body exp .. seeing myself there laying in my own piss and shit ... seeing what everyone was already trying to tell me .. what i was doing to myself .. and i survive it .. so here i am sober from that day forward..
                  :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                  best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

bandit.lol.is there such a question to be asked,you bring the best out,good and bad,and thts good,my turn,is it when one asks a cries why are yu like this,sobbing,is it when u roll your car,and thnk,goodness no one dies,is it when u go to the bar and pass the duties to a freind who drives and is drunker then you,last but not least,this is my xperiences tht many havent done yet,when you go to a hockey game with your 13 year old,and th 10 year old,run a stop sign, and askthe boy to drive home,when do we get it,,your freind gyco

Comment

yo bandit you have to decide,is it such a big deal

Comment

sorry if gyco seems a bit disturbed had a shot this mornin,after affects bear withm,and trust me id like to see the ladies bare hahahahahah

Comment

asty gyco must be the meds hahahha

Comment

wooooooooooooooooooooooopy hahahaa

Comment

damnall be ok

Comment

who the frik is the old guy int the beard im a yungin ok bed soon relaese and breath

Comment

Working...
                                X