First Day Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Day Failure

Ashamed to admit but after 27 hours AF had a few drinks last night. Hubby brought home wine for me as he picked up beer for himself - now he is able to have 2 beers and be satisfied. I had 4 glasses of wine in 4 hours. I will say this is better than my normal and attribute it to the kudzu for sure. I actually sipped slowly the first two glasses...this has never happened. However, my complete lack of self control is telling that I need to not drink at all - never been good at moderation in anything. If I like something I do it all the way - food, shopping, drinking, etc.
    "Parenthood remains the greatest single preserve of the amateur." Alvin Toffler

First Day Failure

C, not a failure, a lesson. Talk to hubby about bringing you flowers instead of wine. Make a plan. It's the only way to succeed long term. When we start, we can't take days off or vacations, etc. Good luck. Come here for advice BEFORE you take 1 drink!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

First Day Failure

Good advice from Ruby. Learn from it, and move onward and upward, till you are consistently doing what you set out to do! Check out the AF Daily thread, it will be a good place for you to be posting your progress, your goals, your obstacles. That thread starts up every day in the Monthly ABS forum!

wip

Comment

First Day Failure

Thank you. I did not know of that thread....I will participate in that thread. Once again, so nice to have people who have been where you have been to talk with...truly feel my mask has come off here. Blessings to you and you perseverance.
        "Parenthood remains the greatest single preserve of the amateur." Alvin Toffler

Comment

First Day Failure

That's the real beauty of this place, C. We don't NEED a mask. We can open up and tell it all. We're not going to run into each other at church or the grocer or the school, etc. We can UNLOAD!
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

First Day Failure

You have not failed. You are still here and still trying. Are you using the MWO program? My toolbox is almost full and I am very happy. My doctor is going to prescribe me Topamax on Monday. I am a bit afraid of the side effects, but I need all the help I can get. I read the book twice, just got the CD's and the only supp that I lack is the kudzu, but I found a local market that I believe, sells it. Strap on your tool belt woman. You can do this!!
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

First Day Failure

I have had a few 1rst day slip ups when I first started. If I had someone bring me home some alchy bevy, I would have had a very hard time resisting it in the beginning.

Take this as a learning experience. Maybe tell your husband that you are looking for some sober time.

We all learn what our triggers are as we start growing in sober land. This is not a failure. This is part of learning.

Comment

First Day Failure

I agree with everyone above and to repeat- get the alcohol out of the house. It is too much of a temptation, especially in the first few days. It was good you got thru 27 hours...that was the hardest time frame for me. You can do it again. Are you using the l-glut? That is a helpful supp, as well. Keep on posting and keep your toolbox near.

Another thing that helps is making a list of all the reason why you want AL out of your life. Keep it with you at all times to refer to when things get dicey. That has worked well for many in this program. I look forward to your future posts. Kriger
                "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                X