Time to graduate.....but where do I go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, this may seem wierd......I've been here for a year now, know lots of you....I have kindof stayed on the newbies ODAT site forever......am really kind of a fixture there.....LOL

I figure a year later I should probably graduate....but where do I go? I'm not AF completely so I don't think I should go to the ABS daily site.....I don't know that moderating is what I want to do for sure so don't think I belong on the mods daily site......

I'm still kind of taking it ODAT......I am not in trouble anymore (at least not like I was, pretty much in control, very few slips in the past 6 months......)

so is there a daily check in on general that is like an ODAT that if I'm not completely AF I can check in?

You'd think by now I would know but I always kind of stayed in newbies.......

Can someone welcome me in a daily thread that I can get excited about and be a part of like I was in the ODAT thread? I need that daily stimulation.

Thanks!
    Uni
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

If in doubt Uni, join the Army! You would be very welcome there ....
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

You are welcomed wherever you decide to "land" Uni, you should know that :l
      :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Thanks Ak, I do, it's just soo many choices!!!! LOL Like a candy store!
        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.

Comment

Just need that daily affirmation

Comment

Hi Uni

I thought the beauty of ODAT was that you could be either mods or abs, or neither! Well last time I checked that is the way it was.

Seeing as you are on the fence, I think you should lurk on abs and moderation threads and chime in if you think you can add something.

also, don't worry about joining temporarily and not finding something a fit. we all have been there!

Comment

Hi Uni--I know how ya feel! I haven't been here as long as you, but it's been kinda weird finding "my place". The thread I stared with has gone away, most of the members were doing so well, they moved on and away from MWO. But I still like it here, so even though I could get so much more done if I wasn't now addicted to the forum, I'm staying!
              Recently I've found the monthly ab's thread a comfortable place to check in and post. I think it's helping me to realize that I may never again be a drinker. If you haven't yet--at least check out the daily thread on the monthly abstinence thread. (at first I though they were talking about my sex life!) (I stole that one from someone here--sorry!)
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

You could always be the carrier of the Peace Corp thread.No rules there....Every way is the right way.
                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

We have a really nice mods group going under Long Term Moderation. You are welcome to join us. In our group you will find a wide range of consumers, with lots of tolerance and respect for the wide differences we have.
                  My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I think its wonderful that there are so many different "homes". I like to visit all of them but I guess my main home is the Army....
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
                    X