Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 12th November 2008

Good morning all!

and a cold dark morning it is here today.

I have woken full of enthusiasm for the 10k RUN that I have agreed to do with Slimeball, Oney and BH so have to now start to plan some training for us

This will give you a great incentive to stay off the fags (smokes to our US friends) Oney. And it will give me a goal to work to.
    I need a new goal with all the changes currently in my life. And at least this will be a healthy distraction.

Off to walk the dogs now so will catch you all later.

Have a lovely day all to come
    Love Starts
    xxx
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Thanks for the invite starting, I think if it's okay with everyone, i will join here? I am so used to the newbies odat thread that this is new for me but a year later I figure I should move on....

So here I am, I'm Uni......in for the army march if you'll take me?
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

You are VERY welcome Uni! I am an insomniac so usually up early ) the others generally surface a little later. And the "over the ponders" like yourself a bit later still.
      We have a laugh well as serious times, I have found the support amazing and couldnt have stayed sober without everyone here. I think it is a very special place. I am glad you are here....
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Morning Starting and welcome Uni
        Starting you are an early bird - how do you do a days work with so little sleep? I need 8 hours every night otherwise I am useless. Well I am useless anyway but especially useless with no sleep. I googled the mini marathon and its the June bank holiday weekend in Dublin and you cant register until Feb 2009 so we might be jumping the gun a little bit with getting in training now dont ya think!
        Incidentally when I joined MWO in April I didnt think I would live to see Xmas now we are talking about doing marathons!
        Universal sounds like you are getting there too.
        BH

Comment

oney
          Well Wob wont be laughing when we are up on the winners podium with the Somalians and the Kenyans now will he!
          BH

Comment

Now that could be our back up plan - go out hard and then at the first bend head for the ditch and ring a taxi! But lets just keep Plan B to ourselves for now as Starting looks like she is going to take the whole training aspect seriously! She is scaring me. Do you think she is the divil?
            BH

Comment

Yay for you peeps doing the 10 km!
              Sorry just have to poke my head in here.
              I would like to join this thread sometimes too
              now that you are letting in all sorts!
              You will have such fun and a great sense
              of achievement doing the run or walk.
              Your group enthusiasm is inspiring!:
              Pan

Comment

Hi Pan
                If they let me in they will let anyone in!
                Would we also get a sense of achievement if we get a taxi at the first bend. Personally I think so. Its a bit is different I admit but still an achievement.
                BH

Comment

Hi all....im just letting you all know Limey will be doing her assignment all morning and will not , I repeat, will not be logging on again till ive made healthy progress with said assignment...have a lovely day ya all, ya hear?!

Comment

And oh! yeh..in the absence of a taxi I will crawl the marathon but defo wont be running!!!!

Comment

Morning Limers
                      Good luck with the assignment. No def not running - power walking maybe? Also someone should check the bus time table.
                      Well I must away to me bed now I need to keep up my strength now that I am in training for a marathon. Have a good day all.
                      BH

Comment

Good morning all,

A nice, crisp morning here in Central Scotland.
                        I'm feeling a little better again this morning. I have the day 3 furry tongue that tastes like a badgers arse (and I should know; I've tasted a few). While the alcohol gets out my system, I find that every 3 days or so, I get the furry tongue syndrome in the mornings for a week or two.
                        I have not a lot to do today, so I'll do it to the best of my ability.
                        I'll go to the jobcentre and see if they're still looking for astronaughts.
                        Have a great day folks.

Comment

Hi All

This marathon sounds quite cool- I think I could be up for that (says her who can run about 10 metres before collapsing in a coma gasping for breath) but where will it be and when? I could get a few days away to most places on this planet

Comment

Oh yes, I could get away for a day or 2- takes a bit of planning with the animals, but I can do it- where will it be?

Comment

Good morning all,

I just wanted to wish the mad bunch of lunatics the best of luck in the 10k run /walk/powerwalk/bus /taxi ride next year..I think what your doing is a wonderful idea..Did you say you were raising for charity?..I would be glad to donate..
                              Popeye, they have positions for Rocket scientists and Superheros in our jobcentre if thats any use to you?
                              I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                              One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X