I am SOOOO SAD !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am SOOOO SAD !!!!!

Thank you all for your love and support.I feel so helpless.I called Hospice and I pray that they will help us.I know that he is in pain and the best that i can hope for is that they will help him to be more comfortable.He had just gotten sober, after 20 yrs. of drinking, when he found out he had Cancer.It just feels to me like he should have a little time to get to know his kids....I don't understand the world and maybe we are not meant to?????
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I am SOOOO SAD !!!!!

Evie,
      I lost my Mama to cancer in April and like you I had high hopes in the beginning that chemo would buy her time...us time...life time. Chemo is so HARD! It only takes a minute...one single moment to GET RIGHT with God. If that is your concern. God's love is ready and available and ready at any time. No conditions are on it. I know you know this. All over the world we will be praying for you and your brother. Much love to you!!!!
      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

I am SOOOO SAD !!!!!

Evie, we cross posted...hospice is WONDERFUL!!!! They will help you all so much! They will send nursing staff, preachers, sisters, counselors for the families, etc....it is not just for the patient themselves, it for the family too. Utilize it!!!!!!!!!
        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

I am SOOOO SAD !!!!!

Evielou,
          I feel your sadness in my heart. I felt that the chemo ended my dad's life before his heart stopped. It ended his ability to life because everything was about the chemo schedule and side effects. So maybe it is time to let things take their course. When our time comes, it comes.. You deserve to be sad, we are with you.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I am SOOOO SAD !!!!!

EvieLou,

Hospice is wonderful for the entire family. I think you mentioned children. Hospice was a Godsend to my brother in law's 13 year old daughter when he was dying. It helped my neice cope a lot better than her Mother could help her.

Love and prayers.

Mich
            :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
            AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

I am SOOOO SAD !!!!!

Evielou
              My prayers are up to you & your brother. God is there with you all. Try occasionally when you can to feel God's hand & peace for your sweet brother. Love & Peace in the name of Jesus & all of God's children to you & your family
              "Everything you try to avoid about yourself
              will keep playing out insidiously in your life.
              This creates the perfect opportunity for you to embrace,
              love and heal this part of self."

Comment

I am SOOOO SAD !!!!!

Dear Evielou,

I hear what a difficult time this is for you. I'm with Brittzak - use Hospice to help you, too. The unfairness of newfound sobriety with a cancer diagnosis is unnerving. It seems some days that the whole world is on a strange tilt. But in all of it we have to trust that God is with us all in the middle of our pain and heartache, and will do anything to bring a ray of peace and hope. May it be for you.

Vera-b

Comment

I am SOOOO SAD !!!!!

Sending you love and strength, evie. Please utilize what ever you can, like Hospice. They will take good care of you, your family and your brother.

Comment

I am SOOOO SAD !!!!!

Sometimes chemo can take more out of you than it gives. If he feels this way, maybe it is right (for him, at least). Perhaps actually stopping chemo will give him new hope? I don't know. Anyway, my heart goes out to you and him. Life can be so hard. I don't know what to make of it most of the time, and I envy those who do. But know you are loved, Evie, by all of us here at MWO and certainly many more, and we are feeling your pain.
                    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I am SOOOO SAD !!!!!

Evielou, I just read your post. My heart is heavy for you, your brother and your family. I know there is nothing I can do for you but pray for all of you. My Uncle said no more chemo at one point in his cancer treatment. It was just how he wanted to live out the life he had left... so hard for the rest of us but right for him... You have prayers from around the world for comfort tonight.
                      You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
                      :heart:
                      Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

I am SOOOO SAD !!!!!

Evie, You know that our lives are like a long and winding road. At the end of that road......it's time to finish our journey. My father passed away from cancer, he wanted no Cemo...it was'nt easy to see him go, but he knew it had to be. What ever peace your brother wants to expell, let him do it now. For as my father's last days were rough, there was no time to make peace with anyone. I pray for you both. IAD.
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

I am SOOOO SAD !!!!!

Evielou: I don't know you, but am praying for your and your family. My husband died of cancer and during the last stages we had hospice come in to help us. It really helped a lot and he was able to be at home with us during those last two months. He wanted to be at home with his two boys and spend what time he had left with us at home in a peaceful environment. I am sending you a big hug right now.

Comment

I am SOOOO SAD !!!!!

Evie, I know how you feel. My mum stopped chemo a few months ago, she couldnt take it any more.
                            Your brother knows whats best for him, all you can do is support and encourage him.
                            I am here for you and praying for both you and your brother.
                            Take care Evie and stay strong, I know its difficult or impossible sometimes but thats all we can do...
                            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I am SOOOO SAD !!!!!

Evie...I really feel for you right now this must be very upsetting and draining for you. Only your brother will know what is best for himself. Sending you strength and comfort to You and Your brother, you are both in my prayers and thoughts.

Take special care of yourself.:l
                              Love
                              Teardrop.x
                              family is everything to me

Comment

I am SOOOO SAD !!!!!

Evie,
                                Sending you thoughts and comfort during this very hard time. I hope that your brother finds peace in whatever decision he makes.
                                "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
                                X