Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOPE I STOP DRINKING THATS BS

Hi All
    I think that we should throw that word HOPE out of our minds if we have arrived here. It puts a picture of someone sitting their with their fingers crossed or facing the wall pretending to hide and not being found in my mind.
    No it takes action, educating yourself and forming a plan you can depend on.If a slip happens look at your plan and tweak it so that reason doesn't allow a second slip.If you aren't having success with the program you are using try another approach.Their isn't only one way to do this.

It takes WORK not hope

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
    AF 5-16-08
    Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
    AF 5-16-08

Good post, C. There's no magic bullet!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I agree, Caysea....

I hate to see people here say " I hope I can do this"...or " I'll try and be AF today".....

To me, they are going into this with drinking still being an option.....kind of sets themselves up for failure....

Don

Comment

Caysea...don't hold back now...you tell it like it is ...LOL I love you! You are right though it is hard damn work and hope doesn't get you there. I have hoped myself to many a toilet bowel.
        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

And FAITH -- it takes FAITH that we can do it!
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

But, big difference between having hope and hoping something works...
            Having hope has helped me look toward the future with a smile instead of dread.:h
            You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

TOTALLY agree, C.! I posted something about planning today, too. Lots of newbies around, the last 4 or 5 days, and weekend is upon us.... good time to be talking about this.

wip

Comment

Another version of this I have heard is"

"I wish I were strong enough..." or
                "I am not strong enough..."
                AF Since April 20, 2008
                4 Years!!!
                :lilheart:

Comment

Working...
                X