So....interesting conversation........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I have my friends over tonight for a candle party.....and we get talking about mothers and drinking......

Since we are all single moms.......

So I find out that not only do I find that a lot of us on here are drinkers......apparently a lot of my friends are too, and if they're not......they understand and expect many to be......

So.....although I didn't tell them about this site, we all talked for a while on this topic and I casually mentioned that sometimes i am concerned about how much I drink - they all were like "what???? You don't drink any more than we do......." and then i said that if they see me with an AF drink to understand that sometimes I need to take a break and they were all like "oh, good idea, we should do that too........"

Wow..........we're not all full blown alcoholics by any means but wow, there are a lot of people that do consider how much they drink and we just don't know it..........eye opener for me...........
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

I had a very similar conversation last weekend with two of my best friends. The one friend has given up smoking and because of me being open with her about my drinking she is now concerned about her daily intake and is going to go AF during the week to test the waters so to speak. The second friend is telling the two of us that we don't have a drinking problem and has conveniently "forgotten" about all the times the two of us landed in hot water together -- I think it's because she is scared that she does have a problem and is holding onto AL for all she's worth.

I have to hope that by setting the example she will come to her senses too one day as she is out of control at the moment and won't take advice from anyone.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
    X