Kind of funny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kind of funny

So, I have to tell you guys. I have almost 3 weeks AF, and yesterday I realized something. Ok, before I got sober, I thought I was gonna lose all the extra weight I'd put on by drinking. It was just gonna magically happen, hehe! Last night, after taking some family pics at home and seeing reality..(wow, I don't see myself like that. I still picture myself how I looked at 24. High self esteen I guess. LOL).. I realized that I'm gonna have to work at this too. Dang-it!!! I also realized I drink most of my calories. My coffee alone has to have about 200 cal, and I drink a pot by myself, with milk and sugar. I know this is a AL help program, but I have to see myself sober now:H!!!! Any small tweaks you can suggest would help.
    MM

Kind of funny

If you don't start eating a lot of processed carbs to substitute for the booze, you should lose weight in the long run. Keep it simple with small servings of whole grains, and lots of fruits and veggies. Eat your proteins lean, except eat a small handful of nuts a couple of times a week. I lost 20 lbs. without any real suffering, but I was mindful about what I ate.
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Kind of funny

MM, funny you say this...until I look at a pic I still thought I weighed 120 lbs and wore a size b cup bra..LMAO...you can imagine my surprise when I sobbered up last year.....HOLY COW!!!....I must have stayed drunk and ate potatoe chips for a year...OH YEAH I DID...pizza occassionally too...SO, now we are all sober and stopping drinking is good atrt but only part of the package. We have to exercise, mental health...and eat right too. ALL ONE big package to feeling good again.
      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Kind of funny

Unfortunately MM there is no magic bullet. Eat right + exercise = happy healthy body
        DLW
        Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
        And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
          Today is a Mystery
          Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Kind of funny

dlw is right! But eating right and proper exercise is not enough, you also need a proper attitude and more and more positive emotions if you want to succeed! You have to learn to see the bright part of things!
          The whole thing about giving up smoking is closely related to proper education and attitude. If you can control yourself, you can master anything. If you managed to get rid of this addiction you can help someone stop smoking! Tell people the truth, show the the way if you are familiar with it! :goodjob: Charlie R

Comment

Working...
          X