• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 17th November 2008

hi rubes and evielou

Comment

The plan was for me to go up Sat, rest, straighten up the cabin, have time to do my hair & make up, make us some homemade bread, have several teas available, have the house nice and warm with a roaring fire in the fireplace. That was the PLAN!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi Ruby and Evielou!
        :l
        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

What happened, Ruby?
          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

You OK sweet Rubes????
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

hope everything is o.k Rubes. x
              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Sorry, guys! Everythings fine. Was working on a long post and lost it!
                sigpic
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Basley was a wonderful bloke 'out on the sea' if I remember working pipelines etc!. His profile always showed Peru then off-shore I think. Always remember him Evie as having a way with words etc. Short poetic and to the point. He was a man of very few words until he started a story type thread with captn. Miss him too Evie he made an impact!
                  "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                  Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Rubes I've missed you hon what's happening? Are you not going to meet Krigs soon?
                    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I couldn't go til Sunday, was late leaving (long story!), got there just ahead of Krigs by maybe an hour. Back door wasn't closed correctly by last occupants, and had blown open, and wind had blown open double french doors. House was full of leaves, and it was FREEZING! Quickly turned on heat, NO FIREWOOD. Went down the hill to the woodshed and got wood, started a fire. I had noticed some trash strewn in house, thought last occupants had done it. There were beer cans and other trash all around, so I started picking up. I was already dressed, and I had an arm full of cans when I leaned over to grab some more and poured OLD,STALE BEER all down the front of my outfit.

So when Krigs gets there, I'm disheveled, unmade, stink like a brewery, and have a cold house full of leaves!
                      sigpic

Comment

Otherwise, it was lovely! Krigs and I both agree the other is extremely beautiful in person. That's our story and we're sticking to it!
                        sigpic

Comment

What a happy ending, Ruby! Glad you two met up :h!!!
                          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

AND, I was exhaused, from trip and stress, took my meds just after Krigs left and decided to sit in bed and watch TV. I noticed a big indentation on the pillows of my bed, and lots of short brown hairs and dirt. I finally realized that while the doors were open, a CREATURE had been staying in my house. I had to clean it up, and then fell asleep as soon as I got in bed. Hubs called me sometime and talked to me, but I don't even remember it! (daughter sleep answers too!) Slept til 10:00 the AM, then drove home. Going back Friday.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yes, we want pics!!!
                              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Awe Rubes those moments were there to test your faith and more so kriigs. I'm sure she didn't get there thinking you had trashed the place in a drunken schoolchild stupor!!. Laughable though I must admit with your last story of throwing yourself out of bed onto that bedside table and bumping your head!! Your antics make me laugh Rube. Hope you got that log fire going and hunted some real game between the pair of ya!!.. Love ya Rubes ya so down to earth hon. Can I come over to your cabin?? Apart from getting down South to visit Cindi in Alabahma I have no direction after that? But your fast becoming someone close I wanna visit after that!!!lol

Love Hips
                                xx

Comment

Working...
                                X