Anxiety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anxiety

Thought Id share my experiences of alcohol and anxiety..

When Im sober, Im quieter, calmer.. a tad boring perhaps.. but more relaxed and "with it".

When Im drinking, the paranoia kicks in BIG time....
    If an ambulance passes me Im wondering if its my parents/my son/my relations
    If I go to the shop, Im thinking everyone hates the way I look and the fact that Im there
    I worry constantly that my other half is cheating so i go to great lengths to "catch him out"
    And also... there is the 'mountain out of a molehill' situation... In the past when i was in my twenties, my b/f didnt ring me for a day... and within the space of 5 minutes my trail of thought went something like this: -

He hasnt rang..hope he's ok....
    God... has something happened to him?
    He's met someone else..
    He went out lastnight and scored with some tart
    He's with her now!
    Oh my God he's probably caught something..
    What if its happened before... Have I caught something off him?!
    What a B*****d.

Turns out the poor bloke just slept in and was late for work and didnt have the chance to phone....

And this paranoia is usually ALL because of the booze...

*May I take this opportunity to apologise to past b/f's....*

C.
    x
    ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Anxiety

GREAT post, Chelle! So true.

wip

Comment

Anxiety

I was taking zoloft a few years ago...It helped, but then i got pregnant with my daughter so I stopped. I think it made my gain weight. I do know that if you are taking a med like zoloft of paxil you should not drink on them.....the blackouts come quick and with less Al in your system.

I am hoping that the Ltry I orderd (hope it comes soon) will help with my anxiety.
        :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

Working...
        X