Emotions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emotions

BY GOD they rip your heart out at times don't they? They make you feel alive they make you feel dead. Shit man the world is ending.............Shit man I feel so high!. They screw with your head at times to make you feel how you DON'T wanna feel. They twist around in your head and tell you things you don't wanna hear and lies. They Tell you how in love you are when realistically you ain't. They do so many things and in the end they end up hurting you. So what do you do? You say to yourself......I will not give in to these emotions.......I will not drink because that will make my emotions worse. They will not get the better of me. I am a better person that all this.

YET at the end of the day EMOTIONS are good they make me feel, they make me human, they make me laugh they make me cry. THEY are who I am. SO the question is............................HOW do I control them?

Well if anyone has the answer please tell me??????????????

I am a man who lives by them. I am a gentle man who still stands up for his principles. I cry when I feel the need too. I feel pain like no other person when I feel this Mother Earth hurt. I see so much distruction around me. I am tender and I feel...I FEEL!

Where did whe loose are way? What happened? Did I miss the vote?

I am getting sober for WHAT?. Don't get me wrong here I'm sober for many reasons but I ask each and everyone of you.........We say we get sober for ourselves first YES... No disputing that fact.....We have to do it for ourselves YES AA philosophy taught me that and I took it one day at time in the beginning. I lived my days through getting though em without picking up a drink and I gave myself a reward at the end of the day for soing so. OK it was a small (even miniscule) reward to most BUT to me it was a god send. I went to bed thinking YES! i've fucking done it! I got through this day so bring on tomorrow!!. AND yes the days got easier. I was flying through. I WAS on my WAY!!! WOO HOO......

BHAM!!! SHIT my gran died and I lost the plot.......It was easy as that.....My emotions got the better of me because I was SO close to her that I couldn't bare the thought of loosing her. I say BHAM....I mean she lost her speech first then we found it was a tumour and before you could say 'jack robinson' she was gone......I lost my dad in 2003 when he was suddenly takne into hospital after a stroke. We had argued like fuck for years and I FUCKING hated him for his attitude. YET we were gaining back some respect for one another again then BHAM..........I never got to say to him how much I loved him and I spent 16 hrs watching him die while he fought away from the machines.

MY emotions have been BHAM for many years now. Even when I was a teenager I was dealt a hand that I had NO choice in. I was fucking murdered inside and I dealt with it...........I had too. I held it in for soo long, even went to couseling and still couldn't divulge what it was that had upset me so much. I was dying a slow death and I managed to take enough pills to numb the pain. Because guess what? I'm a guy who lives by my emotions. I don't think constructively, I don't work out my finances etc or my bills and food shopping I live by my emotions. THAT IS WHAT I DO!! (that reminds me of a film when he shouts that out can you remember it???? It starred Samuel L Jackson as a School Teacher???)lol

Well I have to bring light of a situation don't I? I am HIPPIE after all!!

So, for me my iniital problem was I had a drink problem????? ~Yeah right!! I've had a drink problem all my life because my emotional state has made me that way. I could get a problem in any kind of way......HEROIN?? (GOD easy!) COCAINE?? (BEEN THERE Dunnit as I have SPEED) PILLS (e's vallies GHB?) DONE THAT NEXT??????????? SMOKING CRACK????????...........well done that a few times when I scored heroin and believe me not as bad as they make out on the news....... I mean no disrespect Mr T!! I know what you went through mate and your story sticks in my head. Each to their own.

So basically where am I leading with this story???

Well I'm trying to say that emotianally I've been a child. I have never grown up in this life and taken the full responsibility for MY own life. I've relied on everyone else around me to give me the support when I've fallen down and been forgiven when I've FUCKED up. AND people have done that for me. SO...............Guess what??? It's easy innit? I just FUCK UP and say I'm sorry and it's all forgotten about..................YEAH???

NO! I've done that too many years. I've had a good life, I've had a good childhood. I was not abused as a child I had the perfect family upbringing. My parents loved me and they wanted the best for ALL their kids. I got my pocket money, I spent time being naughty and smashing windows etc. I skateboarded down hills that were WHOW!! I nearly drowned, I went fishing at midnight without my parents knowing I was out. etc etc. Times were good!! THEN I started thinking about things. Then my emotions got involved and they made me realise I'm not a child anymore. I felt things were wrong about this world, I found 'politics', I found discord in this world. I hated this fucking world (EMO???). WHATEVER?? Don't label it?

People are always gonna be emotionally susceptible to the world and they're gonna put a lable on it somehow. That's how world has become. Bang a lable on it and pidgion hole it because it's so much easier to deal with. That's what I did with my drinking when I first had or recognised a problem..... I banged a lable on it and I was an alcoholic....NO addict......NO depressed.....NO.......WTF???????????????????WHO FUCKING CARES??? AND at the end of the day WHO fucking did care what I labeled myself as????. I've been through the mill trying to find out who or what I am and search for that illusive holy grail. WHY am I AM who I AM etc? I needed to go through that process though. I needed to find out for myself that I, YES I was wrong. No one was gonna do it for me and no one was gonna tell me differently but I found my answers in the end. And do you know what I did????? I stopped searching for answers where there where no answers. I stopped questioning the big questions in life and I stood still for a moment..............Guess what where I found the answers?????

Well I shouldn't need to tell you then!!

I've rambled for far too long and this is my last post for a while.

I love you all dearly and thank you for this journey but it's time for me to make a change................

Love and Happiness
    Hips
    xx:l:l:l:l
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Emotions

Hip-
    I have only been here a short time. I've read most of your posts because I think you are an inspiration.

I'm not exactly why you feel the need to go on hiatis but, good luck to you.

:l
    :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

Emotions

Hippie
      No matter where your journey takes you I hope you know that you are loved here and wished nothing but the best. I for one will miss your posts, but you must do what is best for you. Good luck on your journey!!!

Comment

Emotions

Where is Dolphin to soothe the soul?

Comment

Emotions

Hips, talk to me. What's going on?
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Emotions

Hipps, you have been a great friend and your support through our battles, both with alc and family have been a great help. You have my number, and i will always be here if you need to chat or need a place to lay your head.
            The film you talk about i think is called 187.
            easy now
            G
            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Emotions

Good luck with it all Hippie...now you have it all sussed out, whats next?

Comment

Emotions

HAVING A BAD DAY!!!!

My god I read your blog. Well, you are certainly deep and good for you for being human, cos that is all you are human. The fact that you are emotional, makes you a man!!! Sadly, this world is not really geared for those who 'genuinely' care. It is a cold hard world and requires people to be cold, hard, greedy and devoid of human consciousness. Get what you can while you can!!! There is no suggestions I can offer, for I am too on the same road. I understand the pain of grief and how one minute you can seem ok and something happens and WHAM BAM!!! You are in a place You never expected to be in. The loss of a loved one, is one of the hardest things to deal with and sometimes you never get over it, until the day you die and you die hoping in your heart that there is eternal life and you meet each other again. Until I die, I am not sure if the anology is true. I shall let you know!!!! No, I am not dying today, but if I die between now I shall locate you and say 'hey don't worry this shit will be worth it.' As a mother of two boys, emotions are not really expected of men, it is seen as 'woosy'. Yet most genuine beings on this planet feel the passion and the pain of life!!! I feel you are really depressed and struggling, well somewhere in your blackness is a light you just have to go into the dark, reach out and the light will shine. It may take the form of a walk in the woods, or hugging a tree as it you are a hippie and aint that what hippies do? Love and light man!!!! I had an abused childhood mentally, emotionally and sexually. I used to be a 'happy go lucky' spirit but then when life really took hold, I became very sad and questioned 'why me?' People don't like me cos I speak as I find and sometimes the hardest thing is to find the courage of conviction to realise you are rather disliked. Now I laugh and pride it as my greatest asset. I like to consider myself awkward and beneath that lies me. I have come near to the end many times, and my spirit has flagged so often that to pick myself up and walk in a straight line has been the hardest thing to do, I am still struggling, cos I am super sensitive, it is just that this world has not made the allowances that I could possibly feel. I pain!!! I think it is awful when you write a blog and someone like me comes on and goes on about me, me and more fucking me!!! There is method to my madness!!! You are not alone. You are making a difference. You have made one to me. Just a small one, but still a difference. So whatever, is causing you to feel like this is just momentarily and it will be gone. You must not leave cos your blogs are really useful and help many a lesser soul. You are human - there a label!!! As for being Alcoholic, drug addict - I dispute such things exist!!! They are mere words. You drink and have taken drugs to numb the oh so apparent pain. Use that pain and help make this world a better planet just by being in it. You must have a passion, find it and milk it. CHEER UP MR HIPPIE. IT AINT ALL THAT BAD!!!!! LOVE AND LIGHT IS SENT TO YOU AND BE STRONG, BE PROUD, LOOK THE WORLD IN THE EYE AND SAY 'FUCK YOU!!!!!':l:h:l

Comment

Emotions

where did you find the answers...where???

were they buried in the back garden???

Give us a clue!

Comment

Emotions

Who you writing to?

Not sure mr leprachaun if you are talking to me or hippie? If me I a have no suggestions just battle to same foe and he has wrecked me. Amazing really?

Comment

Emotions

Thanks for that Ms. Mad......I will think about it!

Comment

Emotions

and thats Ms. Leprechaurn to you.....

Comment

Emotions

hA hA YOU MADE ME LAUGH ON A DAY THAT i THOUGHT i COULD NOT. mS LEPRACHAUN WAS THAT DIRECTED AT ME? yOU NEVER SAID. IF SO. MAYBE LIFE EXPERIENCE LEADS ME TO A PLACE. NOT THE BLOODY GARDEN!!!!!! yOU ARE FUNNY!:H nO i JUST WANTED TO HELP THIS SOUL WHO IS IN MORE NEED THAN ME TODAY!!! nOT SURE WHAT THE MATTER WITH HIM IS. bUT WE ARE ALL IN THIS BIG SHIP AND IT AINT SINKING. hAVE A GOOD DAY NOW IN THE BOGS OF IRELANDxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:h

Comment

Emotions

I will try , thanks Madd, could you direct me to one tho...of course me own bogs need a clean so off I go...... Have a great day yourself in the smogs of London..lol!

Comment

Emotions

i HAVE ALSO DEALT WITH YOU IRISH

This is in no means a dig. This is a question really? Many years ago, in a former life, I had an irish boyfriend. Lovely guy!! Went to Dublin and stumbled across this poor soul in the street, begging. Never before had I encountered such a soul. A soul who needed serious medical help. She was so young. Begging and crying. It astounded me. I was at such a loss. He said to me 'do not look at her'. I question is that the Irishes way? Not to look at the sin on their own doorstep? Well religion comes in - God goes out!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X