IS IT JUST ME?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IS IT JUST ME?

My heart is broken when I see, read and hear of baby P but everyday a baby/child/vulnerable suffers the most extreme violence and dies in this the most 'civilized' of society. This just makes for a great story for the press and quite frankly it is getting on my nerves. I have had nightmares, thought of him with his back broken and cries of pain. Then I realise the child is dead!!! I think of the kids in the 'dying rooms' in China, that made a great story once and then when they milked it as much as they could, it was forgotton, but not by me. I am still haunted by the images. Do you know, alcohol problem aside, I wanted to become a foster mum, cos I was fostered and learned how not to do it. Guess what? My experience goes against me. I am not allowed to foster!!! Well, maybe now would not be a good time!!!! The press is the media, and whilst yes, they can do good, they also do fabricate and love gore to sell stories. How do I know this? Well, the press reported my sister's very brutal murder. My god they loved it! They printed all sorts of graphic injuries, of my sister's final hours of the torture she endured. The fact was that when, I did get to see the full reports not via the press. The press had lied!!!! Yet, I had nightmares and for years after. My poor sister suffered so much, but not as much as the press implied. They made up much to sell stories, to sell newspapers. Did they knock on my door and say 'how you coping with all this?' Did they fuck, they just wrote what they wanted and innacurately reported. I have had to stop reading these stories on Baby P, cos each day it is something worse!!! It makes me so distressed. As we all know the system, yet again failed. We are the gullable fools. Now, I know this is a damning statement and you will all be thinking 'silly cow'. Well, please bear in mind that somewhere in a home in Britain a child will be murdered. He/she will be murdered today. The same circumstances just by the hands of someone else. Somewhere, in Britain a child will be abducted. It is just that if the face fits or rather doesn't and if it can sell papers it is the deciding factor on whether or not it makes the papers. Please, don't get me wrong, my heart is broken, that poor, poor child. If I could I would wrench him out of his grave and give him the life he deserves. I would. But I cannot. Therein lies the key, they know we can do nothing. We can protest, we can get all sacked, and yes, they deserve it. Yet, I do wonder will this ever make any difference, for in five years time the same stories will still be coming out. They sell newspapers. Knowing what the press did to my sister and then they printed things that affected the living - namely me and I had to live with prejudice based on what they wrote, I hold a dim view of the press. Can the dead sue for libel? No, we just read and believe it. We must look towards the bigger picture? Is it just me??????????:upset: please don't get me wrong, I am totally devastated, but do question.

IS IT JUST ME?

No, it's not just you.

Comment

IS IT JUST ME?

thanks, I do not want to sound a bitch or in anyway undermine what happened to this child.

Comment

IS IT JUST ME?

It is completely disgusting what happens to some poor children all the time in the world; old people too. There is always some cruel sadist looking to harm the vulnerable, and quite frankly they are a waste of skin; oxygen thieves who should be put out of our misery.
        I can't look at some of the "newspapers" any more.

Comment

IS IT JUST ME?

SEEMINGLY IT IS ONLY ME AND YOU POPEYE WHO ACKNOWLEDGE AND DEAL WITH THIS. I HAVE SCARS ON MY FACE FOR WHAT MY PARENTS DID. AND IT WAS BECAUSE THE SOCIAL SERVICES AND COURTS CAME IN THAT I DID NOT DIE. NOW I AM TRYING TO PICK UP THE PIECES. IT AINT NO EASY TASK. I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE. BUT IT IS PROVING TOO DIFFICULT FOR ME TO DEAL WITH. I AM 42 AND STILL STRUGGLING. SO ONE DAY WE WILL LEARN. MANY MEN HAVE ASKED ME WHY HAVE YOU GOT SCARS ON YOUR FACE? SHOULD I SAY MY MOTHER TRIED TO KILL ME??? SPOKE TO THE CARE ORGANISATION THAT DEALS WITH HER TODAY AND THEY KNOW, AND THEY ARE UPSET LIKE ME. I AINT A BITCH. THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT.:l

Comment

Working...
          X