Inner Darren???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inner Darren???

There are members who talk about their inner darren and I have no idea what that means. Can someone please enlighten me?

Inner Darren???

Sorry Lucky all I can think is that Darrin on Bewitched who was rather a nervous nelly type. But maybe I'm off. Well that's obvious :H

Comment

Inner Darren???

Where are the darrens?

Comment

Inner Darren???

LuCKy I was always out of the loop on that darren thing also, now I have my curiousity perked.

What does it mean?????

Sammys

Comment

Inner Darren???

the inner darren .. is just to enjoy life having fun .. keeping yourself busy... like i said in chat last night there are a few member here that just click together .. and that avtar in chat looks like darren steves...yes from bewitch and we just joke around and it stuck with us... you can find us on my thread .. the journey never ends or fallenangels thread .. both in long term adstainers .. well maybe that will help you understand the inner darren in you .. good luck lucky ..stay strong and think positive
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Inner Darren???

Hart is correct.....Darren is in reference to the Husband of Samatha on Bewitched. Yep, nervous dupps. But I think it has evloved into more than that. It's more like a friendly jest for a group of guys. ( That's what I think of it....I'm a Darren, theirs a few more of us....it's a lot of fun. ) The ladies are called the Sisterhood. I quess we're suppose to be at thieir bekon call ! Ha! But we have a tendence to miss behave. Ha! IAD. Time could have another view about it.
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Inner Darren???

im a darren your a darren .. hey lucky you want to be a darren TOO

Comment

Inner Darren???

I am not sure I have a darren! I will keep watch for one. I still don't really get it but I do appreciate the replies! I do know I have an inner witch like Samantha. Does that count?

Comment

Inner Darren???

sure we need more in the sisterhood and also we are looking for a few good men

Comment

Inner Darren???

Oh, I am too aloof to join the hood! Are there secret handshakes?

Comment

Inner Darren???

no you have to wiggle you nose and you cant move your hands .. and how good are you in shaving..??
                      LMAO

Comment

Inner Darren???

Wow this is funny.

I'm researching for a trip to Japan in fall 2009. I lived in Japan during my college years in 1980 and remain relatively fluent in the language. Between my spouse and I we can get by in French, German, Japanese, and Hungarian and by reference can read travel and store signs in most Germanic, Romance and Chinese language groups. So our trips tend to be pretty epic off-the-road forays into places few Americans go.

I was very surprised to read yesterday that the most watched TV show in Japan is "Full House" and the second most watched was Bewitched. The Japanese are expert dubbers, matching the tone and lip movement as well as the meaning of the words. I remember from the 1980s that what the Japanese like most is not Darrin or Samantha, but the mother in law. In a culture where married children most commonly live with one or another parent, MIL jokes and stories are something very shared between western culture and Japanese culture, although in other ways the cultures are very different.

I was a bit taken aback that 28 years after I've left Japan, the show everyone watches in Japan is still the same. And now we post about Darrin here on this forum. Ooo-eee-ooo. Twilight zone.

Portland, Oregon is a minor west coast city. We only have two international flights a day. Lufthansa fiies to Germany. Delta/Northwest flies to Japan. For us, the flights are sweet and primo: 10 hours and 1/3 around the world. Who can ask for more. My spouse and I have taken Lufthansa three times East (meaning Western Europe), and it's time for us to go West (meaning Asia) in 2009.

I found a B&B n Narita town, we'll stay there the first night. Then I think 2 nights in Tokyo at a big western style hotel. We have the time change, tours, and I need to get my spouse acclimated to Japanese living. And then we'll settle into Japanese life, wander on trains down the old Kyoto/Edo road, visiting historic preserved towns and staying in Japanese accommodations (public baths, no chairs even for dinner). Maybe 4-5 days in Kyoto with a couple days of tours and a couple days of free travel to Nara (historic) and Osaka (modern). And then a two hour trip back to Tokyo and 10 hour flight home.

I'm very much looking forward to re-living an experience that formed much of my adult views on culture and community. But I'm somewhat annoyed overall that Darrin, Samantha and that mother in law form such a key role both in my college experience, and apparently in our future trip.

Comment

Inner Darren???

Bossman........Sounds like your inner Darrin will be very busy for awhile! )
                          "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Inner Darren???

Lucky I havent a clue what the Darrens are, as for some reason I have missed the WHOLE thing...I am still baffled how this as happened...LOL, but dear as much as I do truly love you... Samantha was a GOOD witch...the witch that lives within you....withough be to blunt...you can't join the group....leaving it at that! LMAO. BUT, I would be more than happy to start up a group with you, so you don't feel left out.........LOL
                            Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Inner Darren???

May the Darrens & Sisterhood be with you ! Ha! IAD.
                              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                              X