Nuisance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuisance

Ok, here's a classic example of why I think I'd like to quit drinking.

I went to a busness "networking" get together last evening (5-7) PM. I had a really good time meeting and visiting with work associates. I didn't get drunk, had a few glasses of wine, caught a bit of a buzz. But, I ate too much of the classic cocktail fare...meatballs, etc, nothing healthy. The combination of the wine and the unhealthy food just flat makes my body feel sub par and I don't sleep nearly as well.

I got home about 7:30 and had some ice cream with my soon to be 5 yr old son and then we went to bed around 8:30.

The problem is, is that as I have said before, age takes it toll and here I am at 3 AM awake, feeling "so so" at best and not sleeping well. So, clearly I won't be is as good of shape tomorrow as I was on Monday and Tuesday.

This kind of thing just makes me think that drinking at this stage of my life (50) has just become a nuisance and doesn't seem to be worth it; that's why I'd like to quit.

I have some friends in my age group who say they essentially quit drinking for similar reasons. Has anyone been through this sort of thing?

My guess is I would have had just as good a time at the meeting drinking Coke and eating less meatballs.

Nuisance

That being said, I'm going back to bed. See everyone in the AM.

Comment

Nuisance

Letgo,

It seems to me that you drinking has not escalated to the point that you cannot stop.

Stop now.

Trust me on this.

I am going to be 52 a few days. In my 40s, I never thought a thing about what I was doing to my body.

Today, my body is yelling, literally, back at me.

Stop now. Take care of the soon to be 5 year old sans alcohol and ENJOY life. It only comes around this one time. and it is short.

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Nuisance

Ditto Cinders. Stop NOW. One day it won't be optional. There's a lot to lose, trust me.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Nuisance

OMG- Just stop while you can. It gets worse, believe me.

The waking up at 3am seems to be something to do with serotonin- basically screwing up our brain chemicals- no wonder we don't feel good.

Letgo- if you can please stop now- further down the road it does not get better- believe me!!

Comment

Nuisance

Letgo,

I just turned 48, and like you I'm coming to realize that my drinking days are over. It does affect me differently, and it really is NOT worth it. I've had this discussion with a few of my friends also. I think it is such a habit, that for awhile it doesn't occur to us to stop.
            I think it is important to really take care of ourselves at this point! :h
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
            X